Videos posted for Streetfighter 1V iphone on IGN.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rasterico, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Am quite looking forward to this so just done a google search and found that IGN had posted 2 videos of streetfighter 1V about 30 minutes ago! Unfortunately im not an IGN insider member so it wont let me play the videos or download them :( but am guessing one of you guys will be!

Here's the link: http://uk.media.wireless.ign.com/media/061/061650/vids_1.html

2. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Ooh, nice find. I really want to see the videos but I'm also not an insider. :(

3. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    I just checked YouTube and found that IGN uploaded it there! :D:D Here they are:

4. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    The videos look awesome. It seems that the characters in the game are gonna be Abel, Guile, Dhalsim, Blanka, Chun-Li, Ryu, and Ken. I would like more but that's not bad. :)

5. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    It looks amazing! This is gonna be a day 1 purchase for me:)

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Actually, it looks like it's eight characters, not seven.

And you're right, it looks awesome.

7. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    The one I left out looks like M. Bison.

8. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Wow, nice graphics. That in game cut scene was wicked! Definitely an instant buy for me. :cool:

9. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    looks slightly laggy with some frames of animation cut out to help smooth out performance. not bad, and like the guy above me said, that definitely looks like an in-game cut scene when it cuts to ken's face. though, i'm surprised that the background isn't a looping fmv. it's just a static background with people standing still in awkward poses. not a big deal though. overall, still very good looking, and i'm as excited as ever. :D

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    No Akuma... Bummer... I wanted to play as Akuma...

Ah well, I'm sure it'll be just as fun w/o him as a playable character, although I thought they'd at least have a few more characters.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Keep in mind that it's a YouTube video -- the slowdown and dropped frames could very well be the result of compression.

12. Rasterico

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Who's to say that there arent unlockable characters in the game? What weve seen there is maybe just the basic starting line up...

13. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    i hope so. but it wasn't like the lag was horrible anyways, so it doesn't really bug me either way. i just want to get my hands on it.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Same here.

15. AngelicCharon

AngelicCharon Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Y'know, as good as it looks, I really hope that's just an early build, or there are character unlocks or the like.

Don't get me wrong, it's fairly awesome that they included most of the core SF2 cast, but out of all the SF4 newcomers I'd have preferred C.Viper over Abel.

Or, just using a pure SF2 cast, and using Zangief as the grappler instead of Abel.

But who knows, may be an early build, maybe there are unlockable characters like there were in actual SF4. Either way, the videos show a lot of promise.

Beyond that, looks fluid enough, hopefully they add minor animation to the backgrounds, and hopefully the online play doesn't experience too much lag. :)

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I hope you guys saying that this is an early build are right... I really wanted to see some characters that didn't show up. Plus, with a title this big, I think Capcom would give a bit more content. They USUALLY don't do that kind of thing (Well, except for Resident Evil 4, but that was a mobile game already).

Simply put, let's hope there's at least a bit more.

17. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Damn. I can't wait.

18. weisome

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Maybe more characters will come in DLC?

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    If so, they'd better charge less than $10, which is around what I'm expecting right now.

They're releasing it in March, and as of now, it looks pretty much good to go. I think they have time to add a character or two, so let's hope that's what's going on.

20. AngelicCharon

AngelicCharon Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I'd say they have plenty of time to add more characters, since the bulk of the character work is done by the looks of it. What I mean is, they seem to just be taking the models/frames and porting them over, and being that the engine is there, coding in the moves and the like upon the existing architecture shouldn't be overly difficult.

While I wouldn't put it past Capcom to offer extra characters later as DLC, they're just as likely, if it does well, to release a 'Super Street Fighter 4 iPhone' a few months down the road. Time will tell.

Worst case, we only get the 8 that were shown in that video, but the game itself is solid, and hopefully in the $5.99-$7.99 range.