If IOS came with a game preinstalled...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coolpepper43, Apr 16, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    If IOS came with a game preinstalled, what do you think it would be? First, what would Apple would pick? Second, what would you pick?
    I think Apple would choose something extremely mainstream and crappy like Candy Crush or Angry Birds. It would probably would be Candy Crush because Apple would make a ton more money.
    If I would choose a game it would be either Punch Quest, Square ball, Cut the Rope, Slayin, or Ski Safari. I wouldn't put in a game that was preinstalled if it would be too challenging for idiots.

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Apple would choose either Clash of Clans, Candy Crush Saga, Boom Beach, or Simpsons Tapped Out. I would choose something from Foursaken. Heroes and Castles, Bug Heroes 2, or Block Fortress: War.

3. POLYGAMe

POLYGAMe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Game Developer (iOS, Mega Drive, C64)
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Anything would be better than Nokia's "Snake" :p

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #4 Exact-Psience, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Im pretty sure Apple's choice would be the Infinity Blade titles.

My pick is EPOCH 1 and 2. For reason that these involve a little bit of violence, but zero gore. These titles also showcase what the device is capable of in terms of visuals, which is always a major selling point.

5. sinuous

sinuous Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Lead Mobile Developer
    UK
    Solitaire?

It's not a totally crazy idea considering Apple released that poker game when the app store first came out.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If you had asked me a year ago, I woulda said Angry Birds or Infinity Blade.

Now, I'd say Threes!, Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, or Infinity Blade.

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Threes would be a good one.

8. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I'd say Oceanhorn or Swordigo. This ones would be great.

9. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Most of the suggestions here are way too big. There's no way that Apple would force users to lose that much storage space to a game they might not even want.

Any game they included would probably be some simple puzzle/card game like Solitaire (as someone mentioned above), Freecell and Minesweeper that used to come with Windows.

I'm thinking games like Threes, 2048, Trainyard or Sokoban

10. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    Maybe flappy bird, then? ;)

11. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    it could be a game like "heads up" that is more fun with more people...as an incentive to use the device with friends

it also has IAP so apple and the dev would make $$$$

12. sinuous

sinuous Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Lead Mobile Developer
    UK
    I could see that working actually. Maybe it'd also include a single player against Siri. :rolleyes:

13. My pick: ALEX KIDD

14. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Infinity blade since they always show it off along with the new hardware

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Apple would probably choose a game like Infinity Blade, something visually impressive

Me? Monument Valley all the way. Visually unique, intuitive tactile touch controls, short enough that it can be enjoyed and finished, but still offering a complete experience, simple enough that anyone could enjoy, no IAP, a premium game. Everything that IOS gaming should be in one mind-bending package

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Like someone said earlier, I think it would be a horrible idea to have a game preinstalled that was over 500MB because it would take up so much space. That would only work if you could remove it.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Apple doesnt care about space. If they were, they wouldve released 128 gb back during the iphone 4 times, but they didnt. They know people will buy idevices AGAIN for more space together with the device upgrade.

18. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    That makes no sense. I bought my 64gb iPhone 4s two and a half years ago. Buying a new iPhone now will still only get me a 64gb device.

19. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I think Apple would pick something like Threes! They would be looking for something iOS exclusive that goes with the aesthetic of the system. Another possibility, if they were changing the game out once a year or something, could be Cut the Rope 2, as long as it stays exclusive.

Honestly, Threes! would be a good option. I would probably pick that as well, thinking about mass market appeal. Creating their own Solitaire app would be the next most obvious choice.