Announcing Wave Crasher Coming this Fall to iOS!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pseven7, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Mobile Game Producer / Designer
    Ottawa, Canada
    #1 Pseven7, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
    Ottawa based Smartphone Developer and Publisher Magmic is pleased to reveal their next original iOS title "Wave Crasher". Wave Crasher is powered by your music library, providing the player with a new way to experience their music. The rider will have to maintain their balance while crashing through a series of waves generated by their selected audio file. Wave Crasher promises cutting-edge graphics, an easy-to-use interface, rider customization, Game Center support and more.

[​IMG]

Ottawa, Canada - Magmic is getting wet and wild this fall by bringing state of the art technology and a proprietary game engine to engage players with a fun way to listen to their music. We've been listening to music on our iOS devices while playing games for over half a decade; it's about time we combine to the two in our upcoming title Wave Crasher. Riders will be challenged to maintain their balance and keep their momentum to rack up the multiplier and set a high score.

"We're incredibly excited to be developing an original concept that leverages the user's large music library for infinite replayability" says Nick Tremmaglia (@Pseven7), Wave Crasher's Designer and Product Manager "selecting a new track will generate a completely new and unique experience."

"Developing new technology and using proprietary game engines is always challenging. However we've got a great team with a great vision and we're all working extremely hard to ensure that Wave Crasher is both fun and accessible." says Brad Flood (@Bradweiser86), Wave Crasher's Lead Developer.

[​IMG]

Product Features:
    * Uniquely generated waves based on players' selected music track
    * Navigate through difficult crescendo sections that will challenge even the best riders
    * Cutting-edge graphics and easy to use interface
    * Socialize and Share with other Crashers from all over the world
    * Customize your rider by earning in-game rewards
    * Unlock achievements and challenge your Game Center friends for the highest score

Device Requirements:
    * iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
    * OS 4.0 or higher

Pricing and Availability:
    Wave Crasher will be launching this Fall for iOS devices. Pricing TBD. Follow @Pseven7 on Twitter for the latest news and developments. The Wave Crasher team is also looking for Beta Testers. Please contact us if you're interested.

Magmic is a leading developer and publisher of mobile social games, apps, and entertainment. Magmic publishes a full range of content, from original titles to top licensed content from global brands like The New York Times, Mattel and Disney. Magmic has led the mobile entertainment revolution since 2002, and currently ships products to all major smartphone app stores and carrier decks. Copyright (C) 2011 Magmic Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

Update:

We've got a new look for our characters - Take a look!

[​IMG]

###

Nick Tremmaglia (Pseven7)
    Producer and Lead Designer
    Canada
    ntremmaglia at magmic.com

2. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    #2 Pseven7, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    Whoa... Those images came out huge - Hang out and I'll try to scale em down.

I'm also here to answer any questions that anyone may have about anything ;)

3. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    looks cool

4. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks for the compliment!

5. precurser

precurser Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Got any videos? So far the idea seems awesome.

6. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    We're still in Alpha, as soon as we hit beta, get the final art in etc - We'll be releasing a video.

7. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    We're also accepting Beta testers, so sign up either in this thread, or shoot me an email and we'll send out some codes later this summer.

You'll get a free copy of the game, and be a part of making Wave Crasher super-awesome.

8. m0rgoth

m0rgoth New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Will I be able to do stunts?

9. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Only if you're good ;)

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Looks better than any other Tiny Wings clone :)

11. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    We appreciate the comparison, however once you see our game in action (videos etc) you'll immediately recognize that Wave Crasher and Tiny Wings are two very different experiences.

12. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Let us know what your favourite genre of music is, we need to select a few different styles for our "Enhanced Tracks" - For those players without music on their devices.

13. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Oh can I participate in beta?

Genre of music... I like melodic death metal the best...

I'm very skeptical on this 'ride your own music library' thing because most games/apps of this kind (hell, the iTune visualizer doesn't even match with my music!) simply doesn't recognize the rhythm well enough.

If you don't mind me asking (might be too early), how will the gameplay reflect the music? The rhythm, intensity or instruments? (none of the above?).

14. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The ability to ride through storm-lashed seas while listening to The Ride of the Valkyries is pretty much a must.

15. colourblind.cow

colourblind.cow Active Member

Jun 30, 2011
    i'd like to sign up and beta test this, it looks insanely cool.

16. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Great questions. We're using a proprietary engine that analyzes the complete song and then creates waves based on a combination of pitch, bass, amplitude etc. It's all a balance of making sure the core experience is FUN. We're looking at the changes in the sound wave to create the initial baseline.

We're also able to do some cool things with the music file - Hopefully it will be obvious in the upcoming video.

17. HikariKami

HikariKami Active Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Web Designer
    Australia
    Kinda sounds like Wave Race meets Vib Ribbon with a dash of Tiny Wings. I like the clean, crisp visual style. Looking forward to seeing some of the game in action.

18. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    I had to google Vib Ribbon - Wow, that's something I've never seen before!

19. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    We're now able to modify the speed and therefor the sound of the song. We're not sure if we'll use it, maybe slow it down when you fall off and lose? Or speed it up to sound like the chipmunks for a true SPEED RUN? Oh the possibilities.

20. Pseven7

Pseven7 Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    We've updated the first post with a sneak-peak at our new character design!

Keep an eye out on our blog for a character design post.

http://magmic.posterous.com/