What Zenonia like RPGs would you like to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, May 12, 2009.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I think Zenonia proves that you can do these type of big adventure (action or rpg) games on the iPhone, with high quality.

Obviously first choice would go to the Zelda and Final Fantasy (SNES) games. What other games would you like to see, with graphics, animation and scope equal to or even greater than Zenonia?

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    damn, whats with the barrage of screens?

Anyways, I would definitely like to see some sort of Pokemon style game where you collect and capture monsters and battle with them. Pretty much any RPG like that or like Zenonia is good in my book.

3. Br3tty

Br3tty Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    SNES game Secret Of Mana FTW

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Dragon Quest.

5. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    You're excited about Zenonia, we get it.

6. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    FF Tactics or maybe RPGs that you can play over and over again (like Chrono Trigger)

7. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    The world ends with you(best ds game ever) and kh coded(japenesemobile game-graphics better than a ds) and ff13 agito(upcoming psp+map mobile game so it's possible)-making all of these games would make up for crystal defenders though I never owned it I just want an exude for these games to be made

8. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Chrono Trigger, they've already ported it to the DS

9. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    or maybe an FF style MMORPG

10. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I could not imagine TWEWY on the iphone. Finger precision will never match stylus precision.

11. GBX

GBX Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    This is speculation, but I think the only thing that could beat zenonia would be if Blizzard steps in and makes a mobile Diablo spin-off dungeon crawler with online mode similar to battle.net.

Wow bitter much? You can't even show one game on the iDevice that is as good as this.

12. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    *sighs

So many things wrong with the genre classifications in that post.

I swear that some of you do that just to get me all riled up and ready to rant about game genres.

*sighs

And I can't help it...

*deep breath

For the upteenth friggin' time Legend of Zelda is NOT an RPG! It's an action/adventure game. Get it right already.

And, no, just throwing together all the terms as you did ("adventure (action or rpg) games") doesn't make up for the gaffe.

Tsk, tsk, arta. Seriously...tsk, tsk.

*wags finger

:p

13. lcwz

lcwz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Wow, thats really uptight of you. I think he really meant any game in the genres of adventure/action or adventure/rpg or any of its permutations, which you would like to see ported to the iDevice.

14. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    action/adventure, not "adventure/action"

And there's no such genre as "adventure/rpg"

Just FYI

And, yes, it is uptight of me. I'm like those guys at a vinyl record store arguing over music genres, except with me it's game genres. Geeky, I know, but it's the one geek thing that I allow myself to go full force on. You should have one too. Good for the soul. :p

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I say this with the deepest respect, because I enjoy your opinions on a lot of things, but while it may be good for the soul, it's annoying for the rest of us (said after having deleted a similar response to this from several other threads where this rant came up).

16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Action/adventure/rpg/mmorpg/dungeon crawler/etc..

Diablo, Brave Fencer Musashi, Zelda, Pokemon, Digimon, Ragnarok Online, Dynasty Warriors, Rune Factory, Harvest Moon, Dragon Quest Monsters, Grandia, Phantasy star Online, FF Tactics, FF Series, Disgaea, Jeanne d'Arc, Valhalla Knights, Kingdom Hearts, D&D Tactics, Hero's of Might and Magic, and Animal crossing. all games i have come to love overtime and would be nice to see though i know a legit version of Pokemon and Zelda will never happen and i cant be mad at Nintendo for it. :D

17. scotopia

scotopia Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I usually steer clear of this kinda thread lol; bit I have to chime in: spiffyone is absolute right on this; zelda is totally awesome; but it is in no way an rpg or even a something/rpg hybrid. Something like an action/rpg would be Kingdom Hearts, with an RPGish story, a deep leveling system, a party, etc.

18. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm not disagreeing with what he says. What I don't think necessary is how vehemently he pushes this opinion all the time. I have been in way too many of these "genre" discussions, and the truth is the people who agree with him already get it, and those that don't never will. It's just not worth bringing it up in every single thread that mentions The Legend Of Zelda. Besides, while it again isn't worth arguing, if I was so inclined I would argue that there's not enough story / NPC interaction to even classify Zelda partially as an "adventure"... maybe "adventure lite" :)

19. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    but zelda can be mentioned in this thread though because zenonia is basically a zelda/rpg hybrid dont blame every body because this thread is titled wrong because with my experience with the game id actually most compare it to zelda but just add rpg elements and subtract some epicness.
    and btw the newer zelda do have lots of rpg elements upgrading boat in hourglass new swords and armor in princess and new sword power-ups in hourglass also

20. GBX

GBX Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Anytime someone compares this game to zelda it makes my pee boil.