Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past (by Glitchsoft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMerc, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #1 TheMerc, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2014/2/28/22047/uncanny_x-men_days_of_future_past_game_coming_to_mobile_devices?utm_campaign=rss_feeds&utm_source=character_news&utm_medium=rss&utm_content=story-22047&

Yesterday, Marvel announced that Glitchsoft is developing a game based on the classic X-Men story Days of Future Past. Set for a May release, timed to coincide with the release of the upcoming movie with the same name (however, according to the press release, that's the only similarity between the two), this game will be a 2D sidescroller with some "unique features". Among the list of supported devices are iPhone 4 and above, iPad 2 and above and iPod Touch 5th Gen.

Other than a teaser image (inspired by the classic cover of the first issue of the titular story), no image or trailers have been released thus far (at least that I could find).

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I thought I saw something about this months back but hadn't seen any other info. I'd be curious if it's anything like the classic Sega Genesis games perhaps, set in this arc? That could be pretty excellent....we need some screenshots!

3. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    For those of you who're interested, some new information regarding this game has been revealed. You can find said interview, as well as three concept art pics, in this link (it's in italian, though): http://www.androidworld.it/2014/04/16/the-uncanny-x-men-days-of-future-past-la-nostra-intervista-agli-autori-del-gioco-foto-224641/

Here are some of the highlights:
    - As predicted, Uncanny X-Men: Days of Future Past will bear some resemblance gameplay-wise to He-Man: The Most Powerful Game in the Universe, being described as "side-scrolling beat-'em-up" with some exploration sections. Visually, we can expect the game to feature a comic-book-like art style (with some inspirations taken from the '90s cartoon series as well).
    - The main story, inspired by the events of the classic Claremont/Byrne story, will follow 5 specific X-Men: Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Cyclops and Scarlet Witch. However, the interviewee has revealed that free DLC with additional characters can be expected a few weeks after launch. Hints regarding who those characters are will be available throughout the game (though, since fan-favorites Storm and Nightcrawler were also involved in the classic comic book story, I'm going to hazard a guess and say they are likely candidates).
    - This game will have no other connection to the upcoming movie other than the title. According to the developer, the only inspirations for this game were the comic book story and the episodes of the 90's cartoon also focused around it.
    - The game will cater to both the casual (being fun and affordable) and hardcore (featuring multiple characters with different gameplay styles) crowds.
    - The game will NOT be F2P. It will be premium, with no IAPs!

My excitement grew considerably after reading this!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I love He-Man's gameplay, so an X-Men version of that would be instabuy for me

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Holy moly! I just crapped my pants! Finally an xmen game that is not based off a movie and is inspired by one of the best comic book cartoon series of all time. Thanks for the info! :D

6. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Officially following this.

7. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    Here's the first gameplay screenshot officially revealed by Glitchsoft through their social media pages:

[​IMG]

It looks great! I was expecting cel-shaded graphics (much in the vein of the He-Man game), but this looks to be a beautiful game!

By the way, if it interests you, check out Glitchsoft's Facebook and Twitter pages to take a look at how some of the playable characters will look in the game. So far, they've shown Wolverine, Cyclops and Kitty Pryde (with Colossus being shown in that italian link I posted some days ago. So far, Scarlet Witch is the only one missing).

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Er... the He-Man game wasnt cel shaded. :p

9. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at, looks like old flash games, I'm not too sure I like that.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Looks pretty sweet to me

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    An X-Men game? YES!!!! :D

12. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    You're right... By "cel-shaded" I was referring to the fact that everything, including the models in that game, had very defined outlines (part of the cartoonish art style it was going for). I don't know if there's a specific term that describes it, but there ya go! :p

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... I understand what you mean. I guess it's just a heavy outline cartoon style (like you mentioned).

Im just excited for this, i enjoyed the He-man game a lot, and if this is somewhat similar, i already know i'll love it. :)

14. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
  15. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Mine too I love X-Men and I can't wait to play! :D:D:D

16. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    #16 CygnetSeven, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Seven more days, I can't believe no one else is stoked about this.

[​IMG]

17. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm super stoked!!! I just haven't had anything useful to say. But I love the X-Men, and never read the original DOFP story, so I'm pumped for this game. Instabuy for sure!

18. TheMerc

Jul 11, 2012
    New screenshot, this time of Cyclops wondering through the Savage Land!

[​IMG]

A much better display of how beautiful the game can look than the last Kitty Pryde pic. There's a decided mix between the old-school arcade-like graphics and the current crisper visuals, which I'm really enjoying!

According to Glitchsoft's Twitter, the game was playable during a convention in Ottawa a couple of days ago. Some people got the chance to try it out, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any gameplay videos anywhere.

Oh well, it's only a couple days' wait!

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh wow... this is going to be great!

Cant wait to play this! Woohooo!

20. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I'll probably get this. Wonder if they'll add a punish the pedo mode inspired by the film's director...