Real Racing and Star Defense Sales?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Genius, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I think Star Defense and Real Racing are going to have sales cause neither is in the top 100 apps. And in the top 100 Games section in iTunes Real Racing is #94 and Star Defense isn't even there.

Anyone Agree?

2. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    no i dont agree. All cause games that are really good arent in the top 100 doesnt mean there are getting a price drop.

3. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    But the companys expected them to do REALLY well. they even got high ratings from gaming websites. They aren't getting lots if buisness.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

How do you know? Did they publish their sales figures somewhere? At the price points both games are currently being sold at they could be making tons of money without the quantity of sales required to be listed on the top lists.

5. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    u dont have to see their sales to know...anyways games on the Top 100 list literally sells themselves. so even if RR dropped to 6.99 like NFS, they easily make up for the 3 sales to top 1 '9.99' sales. I think its worth it.

6. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    I expect Real Racing may get a price drop one day, but not any day soon. Star Defense is a steal anyway and I don't see that dropping in the short run.

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

[​IMG]

8. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Other than being 3D, I dont find it special at all. and the 3D is just a preference. For me, I hated the view.

9. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Well when do u think they'll be on sale?

10. PrivateJoker

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    It took me awhile to get into it, but it's a decent game that could do with some tweaks to make it better like tower damage info and upgrade info and not having to press the towers twice to get the upgrade screen.

11. PrivateJoker

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    Doh, who knows....I just don't think you should hold your breath is all.

12. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I'd say Real racing is more likely to get a price drop than star defense

13. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Well star defense isn't in the top 100 games so... I think it will go on sale. Before real racing

14. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I doubt star defense goes on sale. Rolando when it was (and still is) priced at six bucks it never dropped any lower i dont think. Real Racing could.. but i dont think it will. Rolando 2 it hink will drop eventually just like rolando dropped from ten to six.

15. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    It doesn't really matter when anyone thinks there will be a sale because no one knows but the developers.
    That being said they are both high quality games and well worth the money and I hope that they do not get price drops because the developers deserve the money they are asking for them.
    They most likely will one day see a drop in price but I do not think that will be any day soon.
    Since you can for some reason just say they are getting bad sales and be right I'm gonna go ahead and say they are getting great sales and be right.:)

Anyways, the App Store will never be able to flourish with people always waiting and begging for sales. I hope this changes some day.

16. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    I hope real racing gets one real quick!!!

17. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Does Star Defense have in app purchases yet? If they do, then lowering the entry price may be offset by ingame purchases.

18. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    ngmoco might drop the price (like we have seen with past games), but I hope Firemint doesnt. Not only does the game deserves to stay $10, I think Firemint will be more cautious about price dropping because its their first big game and they want the AppStore to respect $10 games. I don't think they want to make a name out of themselves like Gameloft just did.

19. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    They're gonna get lite versions, not sales

20. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Good point.