Universal Hey, Look up! - First-ever endless text-walker (Coming on 08/Sept)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JACINT TORDAI, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACINT TORDAI

JACINT TORDAI Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    #1 JACINT TORDAI, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Hi TouchArcaders,

We are a UK-based tiny studio and I'm here to present our new indie title, Hey, Look up!, a game about text-walkers to text-walkers.

Designed and well-crafted for touch devices, Hey, Look up! is a casual mission-based game about text-walkers and their journey to become virtually famous. Your goal is to complete missions while earning followers and collecting Fame Points. It's endless mechanics with a twist - there are no coins or gems, you have to gain followers to become famous and climb the leaderboards. There are several ways to build your network: taking selfies, sending tweets, shooting videos, posting, saving pins, making connections etc. Now the more Fame Points you collect, the more characters and locations you unlock.

I hope you'll enjoy it and would be great to get your feedback as well :)

Now here is a 30s video to get the feeling:

Hey, Look up! will be available for free on September 8th (ww). The game has IAPs, including Fame Point packs and a Battery Upgrade to boost your battery life. Ads are of type "watch for rewards", excluding a fullscreen image you get while going back to the home screen - of course it can be removed by purchasing any of the IAPs. It supports iPhone 5 and higher, iPad (3rd gen) and higher, iPad mini 2 and higher and iPod touch 6th gen. Minimum OS: iOS 6.

One more thing: we created this to raise mass-awareness to the text-walking phenomenon by putting text-walkers into a game where they can face the real dangers of it. Quite topical in this Pokémon madness, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading this. For more visit www.heylookup.co.uk

[​IMG]

Like us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/dracointra
    Follow us on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dracointra
    and on Instagram @ http://www.instagram.com/dracointragames

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Just curious.... How does the the battery saver that you purchase through IAP work?
    Thanks

3. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    There is a battery energy system ingame as you'd text-walk with a real device :) Playing a session will cost you a battery level (something like the teleporter energy in Minion Rush special missions). The battery is automatically recharged after a while of waiting (+1 level every 15 min). You have 5 levels by default. Buying the battery upgrade (a buck) will give you 3 extra levels, that's 60% more and it's permanent. You'll get a free recharge as well. And no ads - of course.

4. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
  5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #5 forsakenxe, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Played a few runs so far and I actually like it.

I would love the following iaps:
    - remove energy permanently
    - currency doubler.

I feel an increase of 2 batteries would go a long way, as my initial playtime was way shorter than I would have liked.

Finally a bug:
    If I start a new run, there is almost always a short freeze of the game (lika hiccup). I hope this gets ironed out, as the game runs pretty smooth.
    One more thing which could just be me not seeing it, but I feel like sometimes the red warning for incoming obstacles that move, is not showing up.

Good little game you have there.

Edit: oh yeah I feel like some animations could be a bit smoother (Manila of characters) They seem to be a bit choppy sometimes (very minor detail).

Edit2: yeah. My runs are pretty shot as I am still getting into things but the energy system is REALLY hindering me to play, if it would not have been a promo to provide feedback but just a random game that I would try out, I would have deleted it by now. Sorry for the harsh feedback but I think honest feedback is the best a dev can get. Cheers

6. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    forsakenxe, thanks for your suggestions, it really makes sense to get this kind of feedback. We greatly appreciate your IAP proposals, we are investigating how to progress faster and how to improve the energy system. Let's see what the first metrics look like, then will get these done.

Regarding the hiccup, it seems to be some sort of loading anomaly, could you please share your device type and iOS version? As for the indicator of dynamic traps, I think, it should be fine, the trap and the red warning are triggered simultaneously.

Finally, the animations are sprite-based, so we have worked hard to optimize them for mobile. Anyway, I will double-check what's going on there.

Thanks again, very useful post...

7. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Thanks! Always a delight to see active devs that take criticism and improve the game. I am playing on an iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS 10 beta (6).

8. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Will check that loading under iOS 10 public beta 6...

9. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #10 hvianna, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Thank you for the promo code!

This is better than I expected! I really like the character design and animations, very smooth and nicely detailed, everything looks really well done and it's pleasant to the eyes! I'm especially delighted that the starting character is a girl and a redhead too! ❤️#

Well, it took me a while to figure everything out, especially that I needed to tap furiously during the social media events to get new followers. When I finally got it, my battery was dead, so an IAP to get rid of that timer is something I would definitely be willing to purchase.

Also the currency drop feels a bit too low, so a doubler would be very welcome too!

All in all, I really like the game and I can see myself spending a good chunk of time trying to get good positions in the several leaderboards available.

I'll play more and will post more feedback if anything else comes to mind. Great job and good luck with the launch!!

Edit: I tested the game on an iPad mini 2, iOS 9.3.4, just so you know.

10. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    This is awesome! You really make us feel contented... :)

We will definitely consider to promote those two IAPs in our very first update ;)

Thanks so much for sharing this.

11. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Thanks for considering my suggestions! I'm still saving coins to unlock a new location or another character, but it's going pretty slow. Do locations have any difference in terms of difficulty or coin rewards, or they're just cosmetic?

I would also like to suggest leaderboards for best distance and most followers in a single run, without continues.

12. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    There is no difference regarding difficulty - at least by design -, however, you may feel some as the unique environment, obstacles and traps may alter the feeling of pacing, desirable behavior and interaction. Anyway, the overall experience should be consistent... so to speak.

The "single walk" leaderboards are already planned for the first update ;)

13. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Jfyi: as mentioned in the first post the game is compatible with iPhone 5 and higher, iPad (3rd gen) and higher, iPad mini 2 and higher and iPod touch 6th gen. Please consider this when asking for a promo code. Thanks.

14. giling

giling Active Member

Aug 12, 2016
    amazing game, very addictive

15. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Thanks for sharing, really happy about this :)

16. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
  17. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    It's only a week to go before the game hits the App Store and we're already working hard on the 1st update... of course with in-apps, leaderboards suggested here and new contents as well :)

We're permanently keep an eye out for your suggestions here, so feel free to post any idea you get. Thanks.

18. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    I like concept of this game.
    Few seconds of invulnerability after revival would be great

19. JACINT TORDAI

Jul 30, 2014
    Cool... glad you like it! There's already a 2s invulnerability after the countdown, will extend that a bit ;)