Incredible FRAUD in App Store of China

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TotalEclipse, May 8, 2013.

1. TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse New Member

May 8, 2013
    #1 TotalEclipse, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    I am an iOS indie developer and I love to download app on App Store as an user. But I was totally SHOCKED by the chaos in App Store of China recently.

I found 90% apps on the Top 100 Free App Store that were all promoted by FAKE Downloads. It means Top Free Game Charts has been manipulated by Bot-Farm Companies.

Look at this chart, maybe you wonder why so many famous games like Candy Crush, Subway Surfers, and Clash of Clans were considered as fraud?
    The truth is they were used as a cover for the struggle of two Bot-Farm Companies. The evidence is they keep moving up and down in the rankings on App Store (China) these days.

This battle stems from competition of two bot-farm companies. One captured several business from another with low price. The losing side decide to ‘lock' charts to obstruct their business. They use cheat tool to drive many famous games up to Top 50 (Yes , most of them are very famous apps but not stand in Top 50 before this war)

And the other one of course pay it back, so we found incredible fraud in China Top 100 Free Game App Store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As an honest indie, I really love developing apps on iOS and it saddens me to face the unfair charts on the App Store.
    As an iPhone user, I have heard so many people talking about they don't trust the charts on App Store any more.
    It really hurt :(

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Frakkin toasters