AppStore Changed?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jsrco, May 14, 2015.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    AppStore has now changed the way it list apps? Anyone know how to see what new apps are released now? I don't want to see what Apple thinks is new and exciting. I want to see what is actually new and released.

2. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    They changed that over 3 years ago with iOS 7 so you can't see new apps anymore.

Or did you mean something else?

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Yesterday when you clicked on Featured\Catagories\Games\RPGs\
    For example you would see:
    What's Popular:
    What's New:
    Paid:
    Free:

Paid and free would show what came out in the last 24 hours. Those are gone as of about noon for me.

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I c what u mean. It has changed. Not sure when the last time I checked it out the other way but it is different now

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Are you on a computer, or on your iThingie?
    I just checked - iPad Air here - and the Appstore looks like it always does. Paid/Free is still there. Here's a screenshot of "Games - Roleplaying - Paid". Note the "Sort by release date" in the topright corner.

Attached Files:

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    No, on my 6+.

7. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    If you have an iPad, get the AppZapp app. It's awesome for sorting and price drops.

8. GamerDog

GamerDog Active Member

too many apps now

Why would you want to see a massive list of all the new apps, there is so much crap released now, you will be wasting your time if you want to find anything good. Apple did the right thing changing this, it was a waste of space, we're better off seeing a list of decent games that have been sortd out by apple for sure.

9. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Totally Agree with GamerDog, there's so many clones, bullsh*t & fake apps that finding a good game is near impossible. Best bet would be using Appshopper or TouchArcade. They're the best to find any good apps

10. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I hear people talking about them but I have never actually come across a fake app.

11. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    I'm not denying with what you said. However, this change is quite bad for small indie developer who releases their games besides Thursday. I mean not every 'hidden gem' can got featured on the app store's front page. Thanks to PeteOzzy who always help us discovering more new hidden gems here on TA forum.

However, how about them who doesn't know about TA, AppZapp, nor AppShopper. In fact, so many great games on the app store and they never knew if those exist because Apple only featured popular games from big developers on their front page. It'll decrease the chance of small developer being realized by users when there are few list only over there.

I'm not lying when my friends often wondering where I get so much 'fun games' on my iPad. Most of them search games only from the Top Chart or Apple front page, but me... I search all possibilities over the App Store, browse them, check AppZapp, AppShopper, also this forum since I believe so many great 'hidden gems' on the App Store. I think Apple should re-consider about this change anymore. Still the new change can bring some excitement but you can't just remove the 'all apps' feature inside it.