Space Station Frontier (+HD) - FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by syntheticvoid, Sep 27, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

Space Station: Frontier

Origin8
    From the team of the award-winning Sentinel TD series! A deep space mining operation should be a peaceful job, not when…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    From the team of the award-winning Sentinel TD series! A deep space mining operation should be a peaceful job, not when a mysterious alien race is violently contesting the territory! Harvest precious energy, fortify your station, build up your firepower to defend humanity's domain on this new frontier! • Construct weaponry and mining tools using an intuitive tower defense style interface. • Design and power vast networks of structures, then defend them against alien incursion! • Earn upgrades and unlocks for your space station to increase its power and abilities! • Enjoy the story-based campaign mode where you are humanity's last chance for survival. • Play one of three freeform, endless modes and compete with other players worldwide using the online leaderboards. • Mission mode provides quick tactical challenges. Beat a scenario to earn achievements! • Multiplayer head-to-head! Play against another player on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad! Needs LAN WiFi or Bluetooth. • GameCenter integration provides online scores and lots of achievements to earn. • Awesome music & sound effects by Earcom! VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/v/UsRiezi2gjo or check out http://www.origin8.com/spacestation REVIEWS "If you’re an RTS fan, you’ll love it. If you’re a tower defense fan, you’ll love it. If you’re neither and are just looking for a great game, you’ll love it too." • AppVee.com "It may be a bit premature to talk about games of the year when its only January 4th but if Space Station: Frontier is not one of them I will be greatly surprised. Spend the money for this game, it will be worth it." • TouchReviews.Net - 5/5 stars! "Space Station: Frontier is an excellent strategy title. There’s a lot going on in this pocket of the solar system!" • 148apps.com "With its easy-to-use interface, multiple game modes, and exhilarating gameplay, Space Station: Frontier is able to offer both a flashy package and a deep strategic experience." • AppSmile.com - 5/5 PREVIOUS UPDATES: V1.2.0: • Multiplayer has arrived! Play head-to-head against your friends over Bluetooth or local WiFi network! Use your crystal to send ships and destroy your opponent to earn credits to upgrade your station! • New Multiplayer Openfeint achievements! • Misc fixes and improvements V1.1.0: • Campaign mode has been extended with 5 new missions and new gameplay features! • A completely new endless game mode! • A new 'Rail Cannon' turret is available to buy in the Shipyard. • A new 'Emergency Battery' upgrade can be bought from the shipyard. • Power generators can now be upgraded. • Difficulty of enemy waves in endless modes has been completely reworked for a less frustrating experience. • New Openfeint achievements and leaderboards. • Lots of bugfixes including some crash fixes. ••• Also available in HD for the iPad - Space Station: Frontier HD!
    Information
    Seller:Origin8
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Dec 21, 2009
    Updated:Dec 13, 2012
    Version:2.0.0
    Size:8.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Space Station: Frontier HD

Origin8
    "...an incredibly addicting and challenging game... Space Station: Frontier is a well-rounded and well-designed game tha…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "...an incredibly addicting and challenging game... Space Station: Frontier is a well-rounded and well-designed game that's perfect for any strategy gaming fan. One word of warning: once you get sucked in, this game is very hard to put down." cnet.com "The game just looks, sounds, and plays like a well oiled extraterrestrial machine." appsmile.com "...easily justifies the iPad as a viable gaming platform. 5/5" infoaddict.com As overseer of a deep space mining operation you'd expect it to be a peaceful job. No such luck with a mysterious alien race violently contesting your claim to the territory! Harvest precious energy, fortify your station, build up your firepower to defend humanity's domain on this new frontier! FEATURES • Construct weaponry and mining tools using an intuitive tower defense style interface. • Design and power vast networks of structures, then defend them against alien incursion! • Earn upgrades and unlocks for your space station to increase its power and abilities! • Story-based campaign mode where you are humanity's last chance for survival. • Play one of three freeform, endless modes and compete with other players worldwide using the online leaderboards. • Mission mode provides quick tactical challenges. Beat a scenario to earn achievements! • Playable in portrait or landscape - at any time! • Interactive mini-map! • Multiplayer head-to-head! Play against another player on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad! Needs LAN WiFi or Bluetooth. • GameCenter integration provides online leader boards and lots of achievements to earn. • Awesome music & sound effects by Earcom.
    Information
    Seller:Origin8
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Apr 23, 2010
    Updated:Dec 12, 2012
    Version:2.0.0
    Size:15.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    The iPod version was one of my first purchases; I've got to grab the iPad version; if a version was built ground up for the IPad, I can only imagine how much more complex the station designs can become.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, this was one of the first iPod titles I ever bought as well, and it's still on my device. I absolutely love it. Orgin8 did a fantastic job with this one. =oD

4. Repair Drone

Repair Drone Well-Known Member

Thanks for making the thread! The freebie will be running until at least Monday, so you've got a few days to pick it up :)