Modern Combat 4 and how it can learn from Modern Combat 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by the_Thrawn, Sep 24, 2012.

1. the_Thrawn

the_Thrawn New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    So having been playing MC2's bluetooth multiplayer on trips and its online at home I'm still impressed by how much better it is than MC3. The combat is more tactical and more fun to play, bluetooth is loads of fun, and its a generally better game. I think MC4 could benefit from smaller maps than those of MC3 and the more first person cover based gameplay of 2 as opposed to the more run and gun, Call of Duty gameplay of 3. Just my two cents, I hope Gameloft makes a better game this time around.

2. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Yeah I think I had a funner time with mc2.

3. Bnatesgamer

Bnatesgamer Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
  4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I just felt like mentioning how far the Call of Duty series has strayed away from what it originally offered. The first game (and maybe the second) were very cover based. Playing on my PC, ot's the first game I can recall that allowed you to lean out from walls, which was essential if you didn't feel like having your head blown off. You had to plan your attack, and slowly move up with your squad mates.

Unfortunately, they decided to make the CoD series a console-centric death match type shooter, which it never was at first.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I enjoyed MC3 more until the updates brought lag and hackers... MC2 is more tactical, yes

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Exactly. Couldn't agree more with you. I played lots of COD2 (700h +) and I'm very hyped each year for a new release. But they keep leting me down... The old CoD games were very skill based and very tactical. The newer ones are just... Dunno mindless bullet spreading games.

Btw: another MC4 thread, seriously? I think 2 are enough.