Universal Traffic Racer - (by Soner Kara)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skgames, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    fantastic game with excellent graphics! I know there are a lot of these kind of racing games on the App Store, but most of them are complete garbage. This is by far ahead the best, and worth 99c and maybe even more.

Any chance you could add iCade support for this? It would make sense :)

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Agree, this is the only racer in this genre that will NOT be deleted off my iPod ever. Can't wait for that new M3.

3. skgames

skgames Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks, I'm waiting for your impressions.

4. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it. You mean road fighter, right?

5. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Yeah, sorry for the confusion. There are 4 lanes and the lines are omitted :)

6. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks. I don't have and experience with iCade. But it sounds like it's going to be a 'must-have' feature sooner or later.

7. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I do have some more suggestions to add in the game, that would really make it a top-class experience.

- A mission-based leveling system: I think this is a must have in a modern iOS game. It adds more engagement to the players, and thus adding value to the game itself. All the big names are doing some kind of leveling system, and I think adding some missions to the game could be vey beneficial.

- New maps with corners and curves: Traffic is already challenging, but it does get a bit repetitive on the same stretch of road. Add some curves and corners to make the game even more challenging! ;)

- Chaser or Police mode? Currently, the only way to crash is though the front, and mostly due to driving too quickly and you couldn't change lanes fast enough. How about if there is a chaser or a police mode that they crash into you from the back because you're driving too slowly? That could be very fun.

- New camera angles: I love the top down view, but I could see myself playing a closer view or maybe even a hood view. No one ever done a traffic racing game with a hood view, so this could be a good differentiator for your game. And I'm sure it's very easy to implement with Unity.

- Replay: Replay after a crash would be awesome! Have some interesting camera views during the replay, and people will appreciate it A LOT!

- iCade: This is very favorable for the hardcore gamers among us, and I'm right in saying that so many members here instantly buy any game with iCade controls. ION provides a SDK for it, and from what I hear, it isn't so hard to add into your game.

8. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Wow, thanks for the great suggestions. I will definitely look at that iCade thing. As for the camera angle, I have already tried a hood camera but I was not satisfied with the results. It changed the game dynamics a lot. I have to think carefully to blend it to the game without ruining the current experience. Your other suggestions are great but I think they deserve a sequel :)

9. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Saw this thread at work today and made sure I picked it up when I got home. Downloading now! Love racing games and this looks great. Plus having such a responsive Dev is a plus! :)

10. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks, I will be glad to hear your impressions. They are invaluable to me.

11. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Played for quite a bit and wanted to chime in.

First, I don't know how I missed this game. It's a great endless "runner" type of game and is a lot of fun to play. The graphics and little details are great and I'm definitely enjoying it.

The only criticism I have so far is that the only real incentive to keep playing is to unlock new vehicles. I have a feeling that once this is done, it's over. Endless games like this have come a long way and include additional incentives like missions or collectible's to keep you coming back for more. I'm not sure how hard something like that would be to implement, but it would definitely up the longevity of the game and keep you coming back for more. Maybe some type of daily challenge like pass X number of cars or drive in on coming traffic for x seconds, things of that nature.

Otherwise I do like the game at the present time and will keep playing until all cars are unlocked. After that, not so sure.

Please don't take this wrong, these are just suggestions to improve an already great game.

Also, do the various tracks impact the cars performance? Maybe have snow be a little more slippery or include a rain level?

Great game and definitely worth the price. I can tell a lot of hard work went into this and am happy I stumbled onto this thread. Great job!

12. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. The daily challenge feature looks interesting. Since I'm very new at this business, I'm not much familiar with those concepts. That's why your suggestions are so crucial :)

Currently the snow does not affect the cars performance since I didn't want it make negative effect to the scores thus the rankings in the leaderboards.

13. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Hi again, here are some promo codes for those still not sure about buying this :)

ME9NKLRTFAKY
    NYNWETW9AX7R
    HTTLYX7J6APX
    YAEAK3AYRWEJ
    7NM4X6EXNNH4

14. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Traffic Racer is now the #1 best selling iPhone game in Germany. Danke schön Deutschland :)

[​IMG]

15. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Some graphical improvements for the next update.

[​IMG]

16. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Will this be on all devices?

17. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Yes, it will run at 30 fps on iPhone 3gs, iPod touch 4th, iPhone 4 and iPad 1. And it will run at 60 fps on the rest.

18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Looks fantastic, this is my all time favorite racer in this genre. Will never be deleted!!

19. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks, comments like these keep me updating the game.

20. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Here is one of the most wanted cars of the next update. More news to come soon! This is going to be a huge update :)

[​IMG]