Knight's Rush - a sequel to "a Quest of Knights Onrush"

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jaguard, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaguard

jaguard Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009

Somewhere in the past, we decided to create a small project to promote another, bigger game of ours, Knights Onrush. It only took us a week, it had flaws, and nevertheless it was a nice simple game. We called it "a Quest of Knights Onrush". As a free game, it was a huge success - it reached top-10 in many countries, including US, scoring over 2 million downloads. So we thought - alright, we'll make a premium version.
    Even now, 6 months later, we keep receiving letters that people liked the game so much, they really want a "full version on this".

Initially, we had a simple plan - add creeps, and traps and such, release it as a cheap and short game. But we liked it so much, so we started adding things to our design. More and more and more.. We didn't realize that it would take more than half a year to add all this - and when we did, it was already too late, so we moved on.

And now, it's not just a simple something - it's our biggest iPhone game to date, and hopefully, the best one. We added heroes, so you choose one of three instead of only one knight - they have different perks and spells, so they require different strategies to play. We added a huge campaign, with 8 worlds to explore, each consisting of several parts - you go underground to fight evil bosses and back. We added tons on new enemies, bosses, machines and traps - lots of stuff. We spent many weeks tinkering the gameplay, trying to find the best way to control the character.

We also kept the original gameplay - you will be able to explore each world in an Endless way - "go until you die" thing, but also, there's even a better one - Super Endless, where levels are randomly generated every time, and you go through worlds pretty much like in Campaign, but they are all different. So you can keep walking on and on, feeling like you are in fact visiting hundreds of worlds.

Attached Files:

2. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Holy shit! :eek:

3. Erique555

Erique555 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Awesome! Are you accepting Beta Testers?

4. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Wow, that looks very very sharp. That UI is very clean and the graphics look great!

5. jaguard

Feb 13, 2009
    I think we'll announce beta testing a little bit later. The levels are incomplete, so not much to test yet :).

6. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    The naming of the games in this series is a little weird lol

7. Looks very cool and polished. Count me in for beta :cool:

8. Inzanedude

Inzanedude Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Student
    Michigan
    I'll definately get this when it comes out. Sounds great! :)

9. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Awesome! I still have Quest of Knights Onrush. I was hoping you guys would follow through and make a full game out of it. Is there an estimated time frame for release?

10. jaguard

Feb 13, 2009
    We've been setting this date internally many times, and passed it every time - I guess we are not very good at estimating :).
    So I don't know, but hoping to submit in the end of April/beginning of May.

11. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    wow! this is gonna be amazing, looks like castle crashers!

12. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I can't promise I'll buy this since I really need to cut down on my app buying, but it will go very near the top of my list. Looks great!

13. Kenta

Kenta Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I make games
    The game is looking great! I totally understand about the time estimate issue. When we started Zombieworld we thought we could throw together a Beat em Up game in 3 months. 6 months later we're knee deep in blown deadlines. So don't feel bad. These games take a while if you want them to be great. Can't wait to see more!

14. ericube

ericube Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    United Kingdom
    It's not that important how quickly you can deliver the game to public, well, just try your best, as soon as you can, but more important thing is what you can deliver to public, so focus on quality, no worries man, a good game worth waiting, like me, waiting for applying beta testing to this game:p

15. DarthSantaClaus

Apr 8, 2010
    Germany
    This is so genius - may even better than Minigore or Dracula - Origins!
    I played the promo game and the castle defense, and they both were some of the greatest games I've ever seen!
    Hope it'll be released soon, in the Trailer they say spring 2010, is this accurate?!

Keep on making games, chillingo!

cheers,
    DarthSantaClaus

16. agssga

agssga Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
  17. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    OMG. I need to go change pants.

Ever since I got my console I've ignore my ipod (as a gaming device) for quite some time. There's finally a reason to go back!

18. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    I'm in for the beta testing. Any plans on Co-Op? This will obviously be a "smash hit".

On a side note, do you guys ever plan on fixing that MAJOR bug on Knights Onrush? The one that erases your save data almost every single time you quit out. (For me at least). I can't finish the game because of it and I was hoping for an update a long time ago. If you'd like for me to go into a little more detail feel free to pm me.

19. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    OMG! That looks awesome!

20. iTouch.lover22

iTouch.lover22 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Wow this looks amazing! I really loved the original promo game, but it had a limit at 6000ft. Will this one keep going further?? I'll be sure to apply for this testing!! It's so awesome I had to post about it on my site :p http://bit.ly/cODtMr The video looks AWESOME!