Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    It's also good to check the top rankings in community mission to see if you like the top 20 ships or so ^^

I find that Exo can do community missions well.

Von Braun seems to be one of the strongest ships in the game but I really don't know how to play him (his daisy cutter deals 37 damage).

Right now, I mainly use Cinnri and Razor and Proxymar for laser missions.

I also like Xaniea and Photurius to mix things up.

Also have you tried Corsair? It's another fun little ship.:D

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I actually wish we could watch more ads for coins. Hell I've spent well over $100 in this game. I think the game should detect that and let me watch all the ads for coins I want until they run out lol

Billy

3. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    I no longer get any ads for coins :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    looks like no more new updates? :( :confused:

5. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Many updates will come, with many cool new features :)

We have been very busy with all kinds of stuff, among other things plotting the new big features for Phoenix 2 now that the 3.0 anniversary update has been released.

The next update will mostly be aimed at supporting new stuff in iOS 11, a lot of which is in the background. But I will do my best to squeeze in a ship :)

Future updates will add new content like ships and a couple of major features. We also plan to add a new music track, but we'll see how that pans out.

6. mowgi

mowgi New Member

May 12, 2013
    Please please add the tracks from phoenix hd. I realize this is subjective but the new tracks in phoenix 2 just dont do it for me. Having the option to switch to the original music tracks would be awesome. Thanks for making another great game.

7. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    more updates and another ship! FeelsAmazingMan

8. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    We do not plan to add the Phoenix HD tracks to Phoenix 2, we want to keep the App size as small as possible. However, it is easy to play Phoenix 2 with the original Phoenix HD music. The composer has made the tracks available for free on his website. If you download the tracks and put them in your music app of choice you can simply play Phoenix 2 with the Phoenix HD tracks playing in the background. The Phoenix 2 music should mute automatically and if it doesn't there is a toggle in the top left of the main screen :)

9. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    saved up 7k gold to hopefully buy the new ship and some upgrades...

hope theres a new update soon!

10. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    We are aiming to release an update at the end of next week. It is focused on iPhone X support but contains some new content. More new ships and other content will follow :)

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    HELL YEAH!!!!!!

An update just landed! They introduced the Shogun from Phoenix 1!!!!

I effing LOVE it. I dropped $10 and immediately unlocked and fully upgraded it. It's fantastic. The graphics of its special weapons is awesome!! I love it's secondary weapon. It kicks ass. It's main weapon is no slouch either. The ships design is true to its original design as well.

Absolutely phenomenal!!

Well worth the money to me. I think I'm up to $120 spent on this game lol

Call me an Orca whale. Lol

Billy

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Huh? I dont see any updates on my end...

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's definitely there my friend. See picture attached.

Billy

Attached Files:

14. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Yep! Version 3.1 is live. It adds iPhone X support, some balancing changes and introduces the Shogun from Phoenix HD along with a cool custom Blade Storm ability :)

Everything took a while, but we'll be adding much more ships and features in the future.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

15. Troid

Troid Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    I spent a total of nothing on the game, deleted it without a second thought once the Freemium predictably kicked into high gear, then spent the money I saved here on games without in-app purchases :)

tjb likes this.
  16. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Hey guys, it's been a while since there was discussion in this thread, yet I want to give you at TA an exclusive sneak peek into our upcoming anniversary update.

An exclusive look at one of the new Apex forms, just for you :)

cinnri-apex.png

athros and Anotherkellydown like this.
  17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#1057 Anotherkellydown, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Awesome! That Cinnri Apex is so rad! Can’t wait for the update.

Been able to stay in SSS or SSSS for quite some time now - dropping to SS every once in a while - I’m getting really good with several of the different ships. I’ve been playing this piece of art for 2 years now and I just can’t get enough. Was invited to the Phoenix 2 discord server but I never understand what the heck is going on in there. Feel so out of my league (pun or no pun - your choice) I thought I was a Phoenix 2 geek but these people are on a whole different level :D

Is anyone still playing from the ‘toucharcade’ community? I’d love if there was a way to compete with other communities or see my team mates’ scores for the particular event. What exactly is the point of the community missions (other than the very welcomed new set of waves every 3 or 4 days) if you don’t get ranked as a community?

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing at Firi Games. Looking forward to seeing what the future updates bring.

And here are my ships, upgrades and some stats:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I still get into it every now and then. I'm pretty sure 'toucharcade' is still the biggest community in the game.
    502-Q8 is still my favorite ship, especially after the update making the Phalanx easier to gauge. Corsair is also a heck of a lot of fun.

19. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Nice. I like the Corsair but suck at using it. Same with the 502-Q8. I’ll have to start trying new ships and practicing more with them. I have a handful of go-tos like Phoenix, Aurora, Trinity, Torrent, Yigothu, Icarus, Juggernaut, Czar, etc... I’m really hoping that warp gate gives me a Mirage ship one of these days. I see a lot of people using it on the leaderboards..

20. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Hey some familiar names are still around, good to see :) I totally get what you're saying about Discord, that's the reason I'm here as well :)

Anotherkellydown likes this.