Vincere Totus Astrum / To Conquer all Stars

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kisguri, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Kisguri

Kisguri Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    #1 Kisguri, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    Our first iOS game is out! Check it out on iTunes here!

[​IMG]

To Conquer all Stars is what we like to call a "Casual 4x Strategy Game". Blending galaxy conquering with quick and easy gameplay. Pick one of five races and set out to expand your one world into a vast empire. Research new techs, build colony ships, and begin to spread out, but be careful you aren't the only race on the rise. The Universe is a small place and you will have to either negotiate, trade or battle other empires into submission.

The game flow is turn based, and features a unique real time battle engine. We will have multiple game scenarios for you to play through. As our first iOS game we want to show we are willing to provide tons of support tuning the game into something everyone can enjoy. We also have a ton of content in line for the game which we will introduce in the form of chapters that will introduce new races, new challenges and new features. Information of this if interested can be found on our Facebook page in the discussions area.

PLEASE if you grab a copy let us know what we can do to make it better! We aim to constantly improve and update our title!

[​IMG]
    Vincere Totus Astrum!

[​IMG]
    Select your Empire...

[​IMG]
    Skirmish

[​IMG]
    The Galaxy Map

[​IMG]
    Pre Battle Setup

[​IMG]
    Capital Ship Beam

[​IMG]
    Various Modes

2. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Casual strategy, huh? Looks interesting, that's for sure. I'm not so sure about this 2D fighting concept, though. Hope it works.

3. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Hey!

Thanks for the comment! I think you will find the battles interesting, the basic premise is kinda of based loosely on old infantry battles, using various formations and firing patterns to eliminate the enemy. Some combination work better against combination that the enemy might deploy. Then we have the implementation of larger capital ships that you can call into battle during a fight to turn the tide if need be. once we have a video of it posted, I think you will see what I mean and hopefully find it cool!

4. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Great, looking forward to some good 4X games on the iPhone and iPad!

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looks awesome, bring it on... glad to hear it's so close to rolling out.

Edit: More games should be named in latin, it's mysterious...

6. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    So here is all the Races you get to be or "Deal" with in the game!

[​IMG]

7. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    A bit of Video

In light of not being able to figure out how to post any video to the thread, I shall offer the following link:

WIP video of our Game on Facebook

Also if anyone finds our casual 4x game interesting enough to give it a pre release play through and provide some deep feedback we would love to hear from you! If anyone can explain how everyone gets their shiny vids up in posts I will make sure videos from know on show up so you don't have to link through.

We should have the game complete and submitted this week! (woo hoo!)

8. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    make this gem work on an ipod 2g I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    We have gotten the Title screen to run on 2nd gen devices before memory warnings and crashes, Works excellent on 3rd gen and up devices, I still have hopes to make it run on 2nd gen devices but most likely in a future update.

10. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Galactic Civilization on iPhone!

Gotta buy this. iDevices lack a full blown 4x strategy game.

11. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    People usually use YouTube because there's a bbcode tag specifically for YT videos.

12. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Youtube footage

Ok so thanks to you guys cluing me in to the bbcode tag, I present our WIP trailer. I will be posting some more photos before the end of the night! Some of the visuals have already changed since this video which will be reflected in the new screenies.

13. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Screenies

I had promised more screenies, and of course like in everything development related, takes longer then you would like it to!

[​IMG]
    Engage the enemy!

[​IMG]
    Flying V Formation

[​IMG]
    Touched up Title screen

[​IMG]
    Four play modes

[​IMG]
    Pre Battle selection screen

[​IMG]
    The Devorn

[​IMG]

14. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Game is done and Live

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people that helped with excellent comments here and around the net as we worked on the game. It's now out on the iTunes app store. If you happen to play it please post your thoughts here or PM us, We really want to continue to improve the game and add to it!