Are there any iOS apps that track console news and releases like TA's app?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jeremiahl, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jeremiahl

jeremiahl Member

Nov 10, 2013
    I am blown away at how functional and helpful Touch Arcades app is. The watch list is genious, the forum integration excellent, pricing, links, and each game having its own page is freaking great.

It has made iOS gaming for me. I find the best games, keep up to date on news, and overall think it must be one of my top top 5 most used apps.

I really like the push notifications too.

So my question is, are there any apps like this one for consol gaming? I recently picked up a PS4 and find that I NEED a Touch Arcade for my console!

Anything close?

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    IGN has a pretty good app. You can put stuff on you watchlist, create a profile, ect. I think I use that app the most for consoles. Gamefly has a pretty decent app for console news, but if your wanting something like TouchArcade, then go with IGN's app.

3. jeremiahl

jeremiahl Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes IGN is the best one out there

5. jeremiahl

jeremiahl Member

Nov 10, 2013
    #5 jeremiahl, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    I downloaded yesterday, setup a log in, and added some games to my "feed".

My initial reaction is "meh". The quality just does not seem to be there. I didn't feel compelled to read any articles, and the ads are out of control. It makes my that much more appreciative of the infrastructure of Touch Arcade.

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    You can just go to ign.com and then put that on your home screen. This way it doesn't take up any memory. And honestly it's much easier to use.

7. Well, my friend, you just described IGN in three letters.