Universal [WIP]LeLabo : try the alpha and give your thought

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dhigan, Sep 11, 2014.

1. dhigan

dhigan New Member

Sep 11, 2014
    #1 dhigan, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    I am pleased to introduce you the new project of Indygandhi, called LeLabo.
    It’s a game where you have to reach a target by making chain reactions with different tools like dynamite, wooden crate...

It’s aimed to be mobile but for testing purpose I made a web version (thanks to Unity3D !) so you can try it online here :

http://www.indygandhi.com/LeLabo/LeLabo.html

Depends of your internet connection it can take a few minutes to load (there are 20MB to load)

Feel free to give your comments and thought :)

It’s still alpha version, and lots of features are missing :
    • new levels
    • new tools
    • level editor (oohh yeah)
    • online level sharing
    • video replay
    • online replay sharing (youtube, twitter, facebook…)
    • lots of bugs to fix
    • and lots of other stuffs...

Who is Indygandhi ?
    It’s a one man indie game development studio based in France, (currently helped by a young intern padawan). But I also teach Unity3D for bachelor and master degree.
    More info : http://indygandhi.com

2. pikpiak

pikpiak Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Some feedback on your build:

What I like:
    1. 1. Straightforward rules and UX.

What I found rather lacking:
    1. 1. The theme is rather messy here. You got old fashioned balls, crates, scifi rooms and goals. They do the job now, but it's hardly appealing IMO.
    2. 2. There's hardly any unique selling points for the game, compared to the hundreds of physics puzzles out there.

Suggestions:
    1. 1. Introduce more dynamic effects right from the start that plays to the strength of your 3D board ( the first few stages are played as though on a 2D board ). You have my money if the game works like...
    2. 2. Tie everything to a more cohesive theme and setting. A mascot or characters can help entertain as well, or carry the tutorial. Go crazy with it!

All that being said, it is still a pretty neat job. I'm a fellow Unity developer as well, so I have a good idea what goes into this.

Press on!