Cricket T20 Fever on iPhone and iTouch soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by vishwanathan, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vishwanathan

vishwanathan New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Hi Everyone!

I’m excited to announce that we have just finished working on a full-on 3D Cricket game for the IPhone called Cricket T20 Fever (www.t20fever.com ). It is by far the most complete 3D Cricket game on the mobile. We have released a new trailer on the game official website www.t20fever.com . I would love to hear from you about your views on the game and give feedback on it. The website contains all the screenshots and trailer for the game. So go and check it out!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Welcome to TA Vishwanathan. You probably won't find too many cricket fans here but I'll definitely be looking forward to this one. So far most of the offerings on AppStore have been less than desirable. Not really sure if EA will ever port their cricket game to iPhone. So in the absence of EA, your game looks like it could be the first good enough cricket game in the AppStore. :)

3. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    looks great but wtf is with the cheerleaders? perhaps a blatant attempt to suck in the yanks?

4. vishwanathan

vishwanathan New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    it's not.. we tried to get as much aspect of the T20 as possible and well when we went around asking people about their top 10 differences between the longer format of the game and this one. this seemed to feature in....:)

5. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Yup. It created quite a bit of dumb controversy :rolleyes:

btw, has it been submitted yet?

6. vishwanathan

vishwanathan New Member

Oct 22, 2009

yep.. it was submitted about 3 days ago. now it's all up to the apple guys and their very...very long review process. only the god knows(or perhaps the apple guys know) when it'll be available on the store!

7. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    WOW! This looks good. None of the cricket apps in the appstore until now were even remotely good. I guess only an Indian can understand the depth of this game :D

8. neil

neil Member

Aug 4, 2009
    well done vishwanathan,have been waiting for so long for a good game of cricket on iphone.:)

9. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    In the video the animation doesnt seem too smooth. I`d really love if that can be worked out a little :)

10. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    THose cheerleaders look wierd.Apart from that the game seems okay./

11. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Yes, because all of our pro sports leagues over here have cheerleaders :rolleyes:

Seriously...it's only NFL and NBA that have that. The rest don't.

Anyway, I've been looking for a good cricket game on this platform. The ones so far have been "meh" at best, the best being that overly cartoony game (I forget the title) as that had bowling, batting and fielding while the rest seemed to focus only on batting or bowling.

12. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I'm from New Zealand, crickets big here. This looks great, flick cricket bores me.

13. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    It would be quite funny at a cricket game wouldn't it.

14. neil

neil Member

Aug 4, 2009
    wen is this coming out it's 14 days already???
    :confused::confused:

15. rohitvats

rohitvats Active Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Software Developer
    London
    This looks Great!!

I know why the cheerleaders: IPL ;)

16. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Hm. Looks great. I won't be picking this up ASAP, since I'm not a big cricket fan, but I might get it a week after. I think my friend will buy an iPod Touch because he's a DIE HARD cricket fan, so he'll get an iPod just for this.

And by the way, you don't have to be indian to like cricket or understand it ;)

17. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

hehe, I be an Indian too ya know ;)

18. sriniatig

sriniatig New Member

Nov 6, 2009
    check out the new gameplay video!

Hey guys. Thank you for all your posts! We are really excited to bring out this game for all you guys to enjoy! The game should be out in the next couple of weeks but until then we have released a new gameplay video showing the game. Please let us know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6qc14_Bo-Y

19. hackdirt

hackdirt Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Game Dev
    New Zealand
    #19 hackdirt, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
    Kiwi cricket fan here. Good to see the Black Caps in the game (and hitting some sixes too!).

This game looks really good. What's the story with the player names? Are they copyrighted by the ICC now or something?

Most cricket games with traditional controls (joystick/keyboard/mouse) do not play well, simply because the controls are not intuitive. I think a multi-touch and swipe control system could be the answer, so I hope you guys have figured out control scheme that works well with the iDevice.

20. sriniatig

sriniatig New Member

Nov 6, 2009
    We worked on the touch controls extensively to give complete 360 batting shot control. So the player can decide which direction he needs to slide his finger on the screen and the ball follows exactly on that line. In the gameplay video a green line appears on the bottom right part of the screen indicating the action realtime direction of the ball. The same display also shows fielders and the ball movement update on that display.