appannie.com reports?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mobilainteractive, Mar 18, 2010.

1. mobilainteractive

mobilainteractive Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    #1 mobilainteractive, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
    www.appannie.com

Did anyone have any success of making the sales reports work?

Their presentation looks like it can be a useful service.. It got me interested enough to try to create a limited itunes connect user and try to import it...
    however this did not work, for some reason. So now I am wondering if it's some kind of phishing site, trying to hijack itunes accounts or get a hold of banking info.. I hope I am wrong...

[update] The problem is resolved now - seems like a great site to track your app sales..

2. NJ Software

NJ Software Member

Sep 26, 2009
    iPhone app developer
    I haven't created an account with them. I've only looked at the free data they have on their site that you don't need to sign up or have an account to see.

If you're concerned, you might want to change your itunes connect password.

3. csddavies

csddavies Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Westerville, OH
    Worked for me and it's a freakin awesome site. Thinking of canceling my Applyzer account.

4. mobilainteractive

Mar 6, 2009
    The ask for itunes connect account in order to pull the sales data for analysis...
    I tried to enter it a few times and always failed...

and of course, i reset my passwords...

5. Rhythm

Rhythm Member

Dec 28, 2009
    @mobilainteractive,

We apologize for not catching this problem earlier! Please send an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll try to pinpoint the problem and get your account running.

And don't worry... we're not a phishing site :)

FYI, we're working on the functionality to manually upload sales reports without needing to enter your iTunes Connect info. It's actually done and is in the testing stages at the moment.

6. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I wouldn't worry too much, all the big app analysis services usually get your itunes connect login. the tricky part is verifying if the services are legit or not. this being the first time hearing of appannie, there would need to be clarification.

I will always and forever use appsales-mobile, but your site/service looks really great.

7. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Just tried this and it looks pretty slick. The app rank and history section has a nice interface with easily accessible data. Also records when the app made it onto n&n lists so I can easily compare w/ ranks.

I'll probably switch from TopAppCharts to AppAnnie when I do research on apps from now on.

8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Software architect, game dev and book author
    xor eax, eax
    Indeed, it's definitely better. I could also retrieve "historical" data for my games (interesting that these stats are stored by Apple).
    However I've read somewhere that AppAnnie might not provide this service for free forever.

9. drewse

drewse Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Hi there!

I've been looking at the free information you give out on your website. It's very helpful and the best I've seen so far. I like how you have the top 500 charts as well as storing previous data. So will you keep this info free? And secondly, does Apple only supply the top 500 charts or could you have the top 1000? Thanks!

10. Rhythm

Rhythm Member

Dec 28, 2009
    @bravetarget, @MrBlue: Thanks for the comments!

@Carlos: All the ranking information (for all apps under the "Store Stats" section) will be free forever. Only the App Care section, with sales and reviews tracking will be subscription-based once we come out of beta.

@drewse: The Apple charts actually go up to about 1000 (or around there, it's different for each category/country). We get as much as we can, but only show top 500. If you look at individual apps though you'll see that there are rankings in the 700s, 900s, etc.

11. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    Great, thanks!
    You put together a website which has a very high value for us, iPhone developers. Please put at least a PayPal link somewhere, I would really like to support you.

Keep up the good work!

Btw, any plans to provide promotion services? I would be interested.

12. Rhythm

Rhythm Member

Dec 28, 2009
    @Carlos Thank you for your compliments. We've been working very hard on this so it means a lot. There probably won't be a PayPal link, but you can help by letting your friends know :)

Re: promotion services, they aren't in the plans right now, since we're trying to focus more on tracking and analytical services.

13. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    This website is really great. Has quickly shot up to being one of my most visited sites. Have let several other developers know of it's existence and they're all very impressed.

Great work!

14. mobilainteractive

Mar 6, 2009
    BTW, looks like the problem that I reported in the root post is fixed now.
    (it was due to multiple vendor accounts that we had)

Looks like a very good tool for developers to track the sales of their apps on daily basis.

15. Rhythm

Rhythm Member

Dec 28, 2009
    @klicktock Thanks! Glad you like it.

Ya we just resolved it today, seems like there were a few people with the problem so we're glad it was brought up. Thanks for the comment as well.

FYI, we added manual data importing today, and email reports are on the way.

16. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    I love this site & now check it daily. Particularly cool is the Apple feature & price change info which really gives an insight into developers' experiences and helps put an end to arguments that I've had with Glenn over the past few months over what happened when. :)

17. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    AppAnnie down today? Checked many times during the day, but it seems that there are no updates for April 03.

18. ReignDesign

ReignDesign Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Seems ok for me. By the way, I got a laugh out of AppAnnie's 404 page :D

http://www.appannie.com/fakebadurl/

19. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    xor eax, eax
    I like these guys: they do have a sense of humor. :D

20. Rhythm

Rhythm Member

Dec 28, 2009
    iPad apps introduced some problems, but its mostly working now.

And Annie keeps finding those cats, they are really just taking over.