Universal World Zombination - (by Proletariat Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mikeworld, May 4, 2014.

1. mikeworld

mikeworld Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013

World Zombination

Take control of a massive zombie horde and destroy the world. Or help the last surviving humans make their stand and def…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Take control of a massive zombie horde and destroy the world. Or help the last surviving humans make their stand and defend it. The choice is yours in this epic massively multiplayer online game!

As the zombies, attack cities around the world, spawn hundreds of zombie drones, and mutate them into powerful special zombies in a real-time strategy game. If you choose the humans, strategically place your units around the cities, defend the citizens and buildings, and mow down incoming zombies in a new take on tower defense.

Both sides acquire new units, train and level them to make them more powerful, and play with (and against!) friends and thousands of other players for control of the world!

Features:
    * Play the free massively multiplayer online game with two unique sides: the Infected, a massive zombie horde or the Survivors, humanity’s last hope!

* Explore a living, dynamic world where players can attack, defend, and control cities.

* Build and level your army of over 50 unique units, each with their own special behaviors and unlockable skills.

* Team up with your friends, form a guild, and win epic raids for powerful new units and abilities.

* Fight other players in Player versus Player combat and show the world your might!

* Challenge yourself with over 50 single-player missions, each procedurally generated just for you! With new maps, enemies, and obstacles every time, no mission is ever the same!

* Play with and against thousands of other players in real-time for control of the world!

* Enjoy gorgeous 3D graphics in an engine which allows for nearly 1000 units on screen at a time. All optimized for Retina displays!

Reviews:
    * "World Zombination is a fun take on the apocalypse. Defend humanity or run it down. It’s up to you." - Gamezebo

* "how I imagine a zombie invasion would really be, with crowds of zombies coming at you at every turn" - 148Apps

* "The more you play the more you notice the … marks of a well-thought out, rigorously playtested, high quality video game.” - Pocket Gamer

Notes:
    * A network connection is required to play.
    * Compatible with the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPod Touch 5th generation and later devices
    * Requires iOS 7.0 or later.

Get in touch with us:
    * Twitter www.twitter.com/proletariat_inc
    * Facebook www.facebook.com/proletariatgames
    * Email: [email protected]
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Feb 18, 2015
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (13)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#2 Sanuku, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    [Soft-Launch: NZ] World Zombination - (by Proletariat Inc.)

Take control of a massive zombie horde and destroy the world. Or help the last surviving humans make their stand and defend it. The choice is yours in this epic massively multiplayer online game!

As the zombies, attack cities around the world, spawn hundreds of zombie drones, and mutate them into powerful special zombies in a real-time strategy game. If you choose the humans, strategically place your units around the cities, defend the citizens and buildings, and mow down incoming zombies in a new take on tower defense.

Both sides acquire new units, train and level them to make them more powerful, and play with (and against!) friends and thousands of other players for control of the world!

Features:
    * Play the free massively multiplayer online game with two unique sides: the Infected, a massive zombie horde or the Survivors, humanity’s last hope.

* Explore a living, dynamic world where players can attack, defend, and control cities.

* Build and level your army of over 50 unique units, each with their own special behaviors and unlockable skills.

* Team up with your friends, form a guild, and win epic raids for powerful new units and abilities.

* Challenge yourself with over 50 single-player missions, each procedurally generated just for you! With new maps, enemies, and obstacles every time, no mission is ever the same!

* Play with and against thousands of other players in real-time for control of the world!

* Enjoy gorgeous 3D graphics in an engine which allows for nearly 1000 units on screen at a time. All optimized for Retina displays!

Reviews:
    * “One of the coolest aspects to World Zombination is the sheer number of zombies you're able to spawn on the screen at one time. It really makes it feel like how a zombie invasion should feel. “ -- TouchArcade

* “One of our 10 most anticipated games of PAX East 2014” - Evolve Games

* “Prepare for the bright and colorful apocalypse with World Zombination.” - 148Apps

Notes:
    * Compatible with the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPod Touch 5th generation and later devices
    * Requires iOS 6.0 or later.

Get in touch with us:

iPhone Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

World Zombination

Take control of a massive zombie horde and destroy the world. Or help the last surviving humans make their stand and def…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Features:
    * Play the free massively multiplayer online game with two unique sides: the Infected, a massive zombie horde or the Survivors, humanity’s last hope!

* Fight other players in Player versus Player combat and show the world your might!

Reviews:
    * "World Zombination is a fun take on the apocalypse. Defend humanity or run it down. It’s up to you." - Gamezebo

* "how I imagine a zombie invasion would really be, with crowds of zombies coming at you at every turn" - 148Apps

* "The more you play the more you notice the … marks of a well-thought out, rigorously playtested, high quality video game.” - Pocket Gamer

Notes:
    * Compatible with the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPod Touch 5th generation and later devices
    * Requires iOS 7.0 or later.

Get in touch with us:
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Feb 18, 2015
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (13)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This looks fabulous..but free :( :( :(

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #4 Zeillusion, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    I've been waiting SO long for this! Been following this forever. It looks amazing :)

Cannot wait for USA release.

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
  6. Wow, it finally released. Cool, gotta check it out!

7. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Has anyone found a way to change from survivor/ defender to zombie?
    I chose defender at the start, but would like to try the zombies, too.

Btw, what do you guys think about a TouchArcade guild?

8. mikeworld

mikeworld Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks Sanuku

9. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    #9 Zeillusion, May 5, 2014
    Downloaded on NZ account, it's pretty awesome. Wish I could zoom more on the iphone, going to start playing on the ipad. Bet it'll look much nicer on the mini retina :)

I like how there's two factions, zombs / humans. This game is very unique it deserves a ton of attention.

It's pretty awesome, you purchase unit packs. All different types of units, you can upgrade them. There's world events, guild fights, solo fights ect.

There's common / uncommon / rare / epic units. They can be upgraded by combining other units found. There's many types of zombies / human units. As I said you get all different types of units from rewards from events. More imps to come.

Bugs; units could be a little smarter. Sometimes they get stuck, sometimes they don't attack, sometimes they run in circles.
    Sometimes units stack like dominos. Let's say I have 3 brutes going for a human, they won't crowd around and attack the human. They stack behind each other so only 1 out of 3 are attacking and also my zombies can't get through the lane, so that one brute gets pounded and killed because all my units are blocked.

It would be nice if more sounds effects were added. Unit sound affects; when attacking / dying. Zomb & human attack sounds. Maybe on the "cleared" screen you could add some sound effects.

Is there guild chat? Can't find one.

(IAP are extremely fair)

Also; during the tutorial there is a icon telling you when you can mutate your zombies. When the tutorial ends is there any way to tell when it's time to mutate? I just end up clicking them when I think they're ready to mutate.

10. sjsivak

sjsivak Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    Hey Guys, I am a developer on World Zombination.

This is still early days for the game so we are working through a lot of performance and bug issues. Chat will be coming in the next update along with some new additions to the gameplay to let players have more control over their units.

What else would you want to see in the game?

11. McGuffin

McGuffin Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Attack priority

Hi there,

Loving the game so far although it crashes occasionally.

For me I'd love to see some kind of unit priority setting that you assign to your guys before a match (no swapping during the battle). Perhaps this might cost brains or DNA to set. For example before a battle I'd love to be able to set my sprinters to prioritise ranged humans over others.

Conversely for the humans an example would be to target converters or brutes.

Would make the game more strategic as there's a meta game element in between matches.

Cheers,
    McGuffin

12. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member

#12 Chaos_u, May 5, 2014
  13. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    When will be world release?

14. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    +1. When do we expect a release?

15. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    It just soft launched. I would estimate 3-4 months?

16. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    We are planning for world wide launch in late summer or early fall.

17. sjsivak

Aug 14, 2013
    Game Dev
    Cambridge, MA
    The next release will allow the players to have a bit more control over units. For Survivors this will come in the form of Rally Points where players can move the rally location of squads around a squad point (and if you are real good, dodge the occasional spitter spit). For Infected we added the ability to bait the horde in a certain direction by tapping on the road, this will cause nearby zombies to move in a specific direction.

I do like the priority idea, and without spoiling anything, we have some units later in the game that take advantage of target selection.

18. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    ^ that's good to know!

I've added some more to my post. Is there a mutate icon? Letting you know when you can mutat your zombie horde. During the tutorial there was an icon that said "mutate", but since I'm past the tutorial I never know when to mutate. I just guess and pretty on them once I've killed a few humans.

Having loads of fun so far, I find the upgrade system / card - like system really unique.

19. Thanks for letting us know!!! Really looking forward to seeing what the graphics look like.

20. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Also: when you place your zombies down n the zombie pallets it seems you can only place two specialized units at a time. It won't let you place any more unless,you place more standard horde down. Than you can place two more socialized units.'is that the case?

So I'll do 20 horde (2 units) , 20 horde (2) units. Is this the case? Or is it a bug.'you can't just place all your specialized units down without continuously putting down your zombie horde.