Universal [PH Soft Launch] Torchlight: The Legend Continues (by Efun Games Co.,Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jun 30, 2017.

1. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Torchlight: The Legend Continues

Efun Games Co.,Ltd.
    Genres: Games Action Role-Playing Entertainment
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPhone4-iPhone4
    • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
    • iPad23G-iPad23G
    • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
    • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPhone5-iPhone5
    • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPadMini-iPadMini
    • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
    • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
    • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
    • iPadAir-iPadAir
    • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
    • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
    • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
    • iPhone6-iPhone6
    • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
    • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
    • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
    • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
    • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
    • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
    • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
    • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
    • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
    • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
    • iPadPro-iPadPro
    • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
    • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
    • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
    • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
    • iPhone7-iPhone7
    • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus
    • iPad611-iPad611
    • iPad612-iPad612
    • iPad71-iPad71
    • iPad72-iPad72
    • iPad73-iPad73
    • iPad74-iPad74

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 205.3MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Move over, Titan Quest, let Torchlight take over.

3. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    (Excitement comes with the proviso that the game hasn't been molested too much for the mobile market).

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This looks so different in style... and I mean that as negatively as possible. T2 got me through a divorce... this series has a soft spot for me.

5. Wonkavator

Wonkavator Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Oh god...

...the Engrish.....it burns!!! Might as well have "congraturation you have completed a great game and proved the justice of our culture!" tacked on to one of these screenshots...what have you DONE to Torchlight????

6. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

It's kinda disappointing, tbh.

Maybe I'll write more impressions later.

7. Nytehawk

Nytehawk Active Member

May 23, 2017
    Agreed. Engrish is an immediate turn off to games for me. This is just yet another PvE with a PVP arena gear collecting RPG. I'd just play all the other much better ones if I was up to it.

8. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    This is torchlight? Why is the English so bad. Lol. I'll keep playing.... only a soft launch

9. Pressi

Pressi Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Yikes it looks just like all those Asian auto-battle f2p games

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Geez it only,took years for,this game to come out. Sure it's an Asian grinder but the controls are tight so far and this clockwork ninja class they added is dope AF.

11. Wonkavator

Wonkavator Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Ouch

This physically hurt me to play. That voice over....dear sweet ember Jesus what have you done? This is literally painful. How did it come to this? Torchlight was a steampunk masterpiece, who the hell greenlit this? Who thought this was a good idea by ANY stretch?

12. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    This is not Torchlight, ie, this is not a game developed by Runic Games. It's an Asian action RPG using the Torchlight license and built specifically for Asian markets. It remains to be seen how much of it will be reworked for western audiences prior to worldwide release, but that is ostensibly the purpose of this soft launch. The poor translation at this point doesn't surprise me, at this early stage it's barely above a "machine translation," the first step of the localization process.

None of this is to say that this game will ever live up to its pedigree, just putting the game in context so people don't start tearing into Runic for it.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Still confused. Is there still another Torchlight mobile game in the works? Or is this it?

I know it was always going to be F2P but seriously hope there is another game being developed in parallel that is at least closer to the original games.

14. vinotauro

vinotauro Active Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Oddly enough, I am having fun. It combines 'some' elements of Torchlight such as the semi-random loot and random maps which can be played co-op.

15. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Ok yes, the English translation is pretty bad. And that voice over, omg. And it's clearly developed for an Asian market.
    But the game itself is actually pretty fun and has some cool ideas.

Random loot stats, random generated levels, random bosses with varying rarity / skills. (The random levels and bosses you won't see in story mode btw)

One thing I'm really impressed with is the sheer amount of skill combinations and ways to play.
    There are 4 classes.
    Each class has multiple weapon types. 2 or 3 I've seen so far.
    On top of that, you can bring a few skills into battle. Each skill can be combined with another of your choosing, which changes the way the skill behaves. Depending on the combination, the same skill can be AoE, single target, DoT, have different crowd control abilities, etc etc. it's pretty cool.

Co-op is fun, and there's a lot of different game modes.

Yeah, if your expecting a mobile Torchlight (which, to be fair, is what it's called) you will have high expectations. Whether these expectations are met is up to your personal experience.

I for one am enjoying it (with the volume down...that voice over) and experimenting with the various skill / weapon combos and game modes.

16. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #16 slighmd, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    I don't think so. Titan quest has the polish that this one doesn't have. The voice overs!And the Engrish OMG the ENGRISH!.And the way it plays is just like any other similar game out there, go through a relatively small, linear level, kill a boss, then go back to the town hub. I've been playing it for sometime now and, still it's TQ coming out on top by a million miles. This isn't Torchlight.

17. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    It's been out in China for awhile, but yes, this is the Torchlight mobile game mentioned on Touch Arcade over the years.

18. sinagog

Aug 15, 2014
    Yeah, I wrote that post solely based on having seen the word 'Torchlight' and knowing that an IOS Torchlight game had been development since before Moses learnt the alphabet. I expected the light to be brighter.

19. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    my hopes for mobile gaming are resting on the shoulders of indies the more i see. Tbh i was 90% sure this would happen when they announced Torchlight mobile was gonna be F2P, i thought here is another HIT -DH - panda warriors game like the already existing ones. My 10% was that it would have the F2P gameplay but at least in an open world or connected dungeons, not hub-1 minute-hub-1 minute. Shame, and sayonara.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Its not bad actually, its kind of holding my interest for now!