EA's Daily Deals

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by mmackenny, Dec 5, 2011.

1. mmackenny

mmackenny New Member

Aug 29, 2011
    #1 mmackenny, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    People here quickly saw when shift 2 and Sims medieval was free. Appears that EA are doing daily deals for various things through Christmas.

Here is the direct link to their page showing what the promo of the day is. Next update is at midnight EST

http://www.eamobile.com/dailydeals

(PS Admins, do let me know if you decide to delete this post on why, I put up two informing the community on the appvent calendar to have them removed and then a long time poster put the information up after mine were removed and had theirs stay. Just wish to conform and stay in your guidelines and yes I did read the sticky!)

PPS modified the link per moderator direction.

2. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    So if I click on iPhone and at the top it has. The games listed like this below, does it mean NBA Jam will be free next?

Road Trippin - Free
    The Sims Medieval- Free
    Need for Speed Shift 2 - Free
    NBA Jam - Buy It.

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

First at all the Direct Link is still...

[​IMG]

...and not some Marketing Link:
    Code:
    http://kilrush.mobi/mcs/publish/3161/44175;jsessionid=piyvz8bbpin81pu0l1cfss6kc

A Hint for the Future:

Instead of Hidding something tell the Truth:

Hello i am Josh/John/Sarah/... from The Mobile Interactive Group. Together with Electronic Arts we are having over the upcoming Days the following Contest...the following Link does have a Counter that does...

...the Way you are doing it currently could you really get into some Troubles or get the URL of your Website Banned if the Staff are pissed for whatever Reasons.

It doesn`t matter any Way but sometimes you Guys should really stop thinking that everyone would start to hate you if you would just tell once the truth at first and then start to explain why something is as it is...

Because right now it does look like you Guys would like to hide something and that`s never something Good.

4. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    As I said in another thread, Gameloft should take note. THIS is how you run a proper holiday giveaway. Another reason to put EA >>>>>>>>>> Gameloft.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Damn, hope NBA Jam is next :D

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    NBA Jam is on sale for $0.99; it is well worth $0.99z

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm crex, and I approve this message.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I'm LOLavi, and I'm not a fan of NBA.

So that's why I'm hesitating. Is it like Fifa Street is for Fifa?

9. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    you could say that.... but more over the top... im not a fan of NBA either, but if i have ever bought NBA games they have been NBA Street and NBA Jam... totally fun without needing knowledge of the NBA and it's rosters... I'm currently trying to decide wether to buy NBA Jam on PSN(Which has Isaac Clarke and Faith from Mirror's Edge, Online PLay and a lot of secret stuffs) or NBA Jam on my iPod(which is portable and only has local wifi multiplayer)

10. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011

I have no idea what you are trying to drive at. :confused:

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#11 Sanuku, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    They are doing it each Year. Just give it a little more Time..

More like Fifa Street on Speed:

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Probably not necessarily - there are other titles below it that I would expect would go free before that one. Then again wasn't expecting Sims Medieval to go free so soon, so as usual, anything is possible in the appstore.

13. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Developers and marketers should identify themselves as such and should not post random posts "acting" like a customer that just "found" this great deal. We love devs and marketers here. They should not be shy.

I dunno if the OP is an EA marketer or not, but sure does have information about stuff. So either he should ID himself or post the reference link where he found the information cuz the link he posted does not say every day at midnight on it.

14. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Looks like today's free game is Fantasy Safari for iPhone, ah well I'll still grab it.

15. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    The next 'free' game is Fantasy Safari. And directly below it it says the next deal will be posted at 9:00pm PST.

16. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Oh i see, thanks for clarification. Coz I thought the whole issue was something technical about the link that the OP posted.

Btw... perhaps official marketers or developers are afraid to be approached by TA staffs for some advertising deals/proposal on this site? Thats why sometimes they hide their identity?

Just a wild guess.

17. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Fantasy Safari?

Isn't all freemium games Free to begin with?

And all charge you an arm & a leg for in-game currency IAP, whatever it is called in the game.

Thanks, I'll stay away from this one.

18. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Give what a little more time?

The deal is for the in-game content, not the app itself. Obviously freemiums are free. Don't expect EA to be giving out one of their apps for free every day :p

19. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    My bad. I looked at the page again and saw the small print "Save now on select in-game content". Fair enough then.

20. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    ** DAILY DEAL! Need For Speed Undercover is FREE today! ** See all of our EA DAILY DEALS at eamobile.com/dailydeals. New Play, Every Day.

It is not free at the moment. Guess a few hours later.