iPad Newbee Question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by FiremarshalBill, Jun 13, 2010.

1. FiremarshalBill

FiremarshalBill New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    I have an iMac and iPod, but I'm new to the iPad and was wondering if anyone can recommend some games for me. I'm specifically interested in WW-1 and WW-2 flying games and WW-2 combat games. I'd appreciate any help, recommendations, or suggestions you might have. Thanks!

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome to TA. You should know that this thread was posted on the wrong section -- should have gone in the Game Discussion area.

That said, you are asking for some pretty specific suggestions, so the choices are limited. For WW2 flying action, basically you have Skies of Glory, which doesn't have a specific iPad version. For WW2 combat, there is a version of Brothers in Arms 2 for the iPad. Reaction was mixed on the game: I personally liked it, though I haven't tried the iPad version.

My favorite iPad game right now is The War of Eustrath HD, but that's an SRPG and doesn't fit any of the categories you mentioned.

3. FiremarshalBill

FiremarshalBill New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Squarezero,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Maybe I missed it, but I can't find Brothers in Arms 2 at the iTunes store. Can you give me a site that sells it? Also, I heard someone say that games (or apps) made for the iPod/iPhone will display their screen at the small size designed for them and not the larger size of the iPad screen. Any comments on that? Thanks.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Brothers in Arms 2 is there on the US App Store -- not sure about international availability.

Most iPhone games can be played in double size on the iPad. Depending on the game, the results can be great, acceptable, or pretty bad. My guess is that Skies of Glory looks
    okay, but I haven't tried it.

I believe that there's also a WW2 real strategy game, too, but I don't remember the name. Reviews were very mixed, I think.

5. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    The genres I find the most right now for the iPad are Arcade Sports games, Card games (mostly Solitaire), Puzzle games, and racing games.

If you like any of those genres by chance, there are quite a few quality titles.

I have filled up my ipad already with all HD games (I move way too fast).

In fact, I have enough iPad Specific HD games to fill about 25 pages at the moment.

I can honestly say buying an iPad is the best thing I have ever purchased (next to the iPod touch(es) )

Feel free to PM me anytime you have questions about any games or would like me to email you some full res screenshots. Chances are, if you're looking for an HD game, I probably have it :)
    (probably...)

6. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    While I'm sure he's glad he can PM you for your future services, he already made this topic to pose a question about iPad games pertaining to his specific interest of world war...which you kinda ignored in the midst of discussing your love of the iPad and your HD library.

My HD library isn't all that big, but I can at least offer you two suggestions. One is Brothers in Arms HD as previously mentioned, and the other is Blood and Honor, a game that's similar to the board game Risk.

7. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    There's also Blood Beach HD. It's a WW2 game but not a flying game. (Well, other people are flying, but you are shooting them down!)

8. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    Somebody should move this to the General Game Discussion and Questions forum.

9. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    TA has been letting a lot of threads slide lately, but reporting the topic post will eventually get this moved to the proper area.