Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi girlpower - long time no speak!!!!!!

Isn't is weird how everyone is getting annoyed with 48 hour 'fails'!!!! Once upon a time all you wanted to see what that lovely 48 hour timer!!

I've got 2 blooms!! 2nd and 3rd tries for me, not bad!! 1st was a fail with plant & storm. Reversed these to storm/plant and success!! (storm 15 and plant 10)

I think it's the prettiest dragon so far! But that's probably me just being a girly girl!! :p

2. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Has anyone had success with breeding a second Bloom using their first Bloom?

Curious as to combos that work :rolleyes:

3. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey Jazbo, it has been a while, :eek:
    Well done breeding two blooms already, now you can sit and twiddle your thumbs while the rest of us try for our first or/ and second blooms, of course cheering us all on from the sidelines, haha.
    Just to clarify...did you get both your blooms with storm/plant (same combo, order?)......

Probably me playing semantics.....but at least three of us tried plant/storm first, then reversed the order and immediately got the 13 hrs......but both MaLiesa and myself used lvl 10 ( I think she did for her first bloom going by memory here).
    Its probably just random, but I might try this again and just see what happens....another 48 hr timer isn't what I want though.......LOL, tis a funny game alrighty re: the 48 hr timer

I read on wiki that storm/lichen incl. reverse order is proving successful for a few posters also....but a couple did mention they got 48 hr times with this combo too

The Wiki word is that this is the “Easter" dragon and it will probably be here till end of April?
    Not sure how accurate that info is though, it may just be heresay.

4. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi again!! Yes got both of mine using the same dragons, same order - storm/plant. No luck the other way round!

This has made up for my clover disaster! Didn't manage to breed one single one - ended up using gems to pay for 2!

Going back to being a girly girl - I would really like a 7th island now, and I would fill it with blooms, love and clover!! Think that would look fab!!! :D:D

5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    yup I got a 48 hour fail with plant/storm... sooo pissed about that :(

any info yet as to what 25/25 fountains = ?

6. OviIceman

OviIceman New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    After several storm/plant, cactus/storm, lichen/storm fails...finally got a 13hr timer with a clover/storm combo. Have to wait it out and then will try again for a 2nd because we only have 1 clover to work with...hoping for 2 Blooms.

7. steeeeeve!

steeeeeve! Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Been using plant level 15 and storm level 4 then got a 48 hr timer drat! Then bred a new plant dragon got a few fails 4 I think swop around the breeding order then bam! 13 hr timer baby yeah! Storm level 13 with plant level 4

8. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am now breeding the second Bloom using the same combo as the first.
    To be honest I think that using the same combo is better than using the new dragon. The rules of Nature don't exactly apply here. :)

Its a big call. So far Love dragon had to be the prettiest and I am not a girl. Not even a little.:)

9. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3449 girlpower, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    Second bloom curently breeding, happy days :D
    Decided to try same combo again, plus test the reverse order thingy.
    First try....plant/storm both lvl 10 = 30 min (cactus)
    second try storm /plant = 30 min (cactus) now a little nervous of another 48 hr
    third try storm / plant = 13 hrs bingo!

Good combo for me it seems......I never breed back to backs this quickly.
    But reindeer/storm.....not good unless wanting a 48 hr timer
    Any theories as to what this is more likely to produce? Hope not a moon

I am cheering for the rest of you..hope to hear of more success stories and combos used very soon

10. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3450 Foxtail2010, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    :D:D
    I'd LOVE to help you out on that 25/25 thing. Really. But alas, no money to buy more than 1, yet. Still goin for my FIRST Bloomy. :eek: I like that you're keeping the question alive. So what's your theory?

Hey girlie! Grats on that #2 Bloomy! Woohoo for you!! #2!! :D:D

11. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Hey! Guess what! Clover/Storm = >drum roll< Bloom!!! Just occurred to me that our new Clover must be good for something!? Woohoo! Can't wait to try another in 13 hrs. :D

12. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    My son and I tried probably 10 times using different orders of plant /storm level 10. We had two sets of them. After about the 10th try we got 4 blooms in a row using the same combos! One cave was storm/ plant and the other was plant/ storm. We kept trying after the first two because of everybody's 48 hour timer, but alas, we never got one. Now he wants to go back to trying for the ever elusive sandstorm. He has been trying for 3 weeks now. Any help on that one would be appreciated. Good luck to all those still trying for a bloom. I agree with a previous poster who said the ease getting this one made-up for the terrible clover struggle lol

13. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    They almost gave us the medal dragons so easy to get. I used air and quake and got sandstorm only once. That's a hard one I tried air and mud did not work. I purchased both clovers. I could not get it. Good luck to your son.

14. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Sandstorm was a pain for me to get. It probably took me around 30 tries just to get my first one with Air and Mud (both level 10). I also tried using my Sandstorm with Earth to try and get my second one for the achievement, but no luck. I had to switch back to Air and Mud and got it on my 5th try afterwards. Good luck to your son!

15. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    My 48 hr fails......
    storm / plant = sun
    Reindeer / plant = sun

But both of these combos also gave me my Blooms :D

16. Amsterdam

Feb 28, 2012
    Thanks we will try that out! I purchased one clover because my son was getting so frustrated but we finally bred the second.

17. Amsterdam

Feb 28, 2012
    Thanks! We will keep on trying. The sandstorm and the frostfire seem to be our nemisis. It is a funny feeling when you finally get a dragon you have been trying for for weeks. It seems silly to get so excited over a pretend dragon. MY son did the happy dance for hours after he got the rainbow. My husband just rolls his eyes us.

18. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    My husband said tell me why is it so important to you to have those dragons. I said I love the game and I have always liked dragons.

19. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Read where one person purchased 25 fountains....nothing happened or changed. And it is purchased from the Decorations, not the Buildings menu. I suspect there is no function other than being pretty. But one does have to wonder why a limit of 25 :cool: There is no limit on the volcanoes...and it is graphicly animated as well. Weird.

20. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    I got both of mine with Plant/Storm. Had 5 Lichen, 2 Storm, 2 cactus and 1 Moon as fails.