iPhone Project "Quest of Dungeons"

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ^DJ_Link^, Aug 12, 2013.

1. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Like it, suggestion on Main menu, should be fix with in-game art style, i like all screenshot you posted above but main menu look like a difference game for me :)

2. ^DJ_Link^

^DJ_Link^ Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Programmer
    Portugal
    Thanks for the feedback _Max_ . I can understand what you are saying. I was trying to create a more up-close feeling of the characters in danger/darkness so I had a different artist doing all characters in a different style. It would be a bit harder to do in pixel art. But thanks for the suggestion, I take everything under consideration :)

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I *love* it! I cannot wait to play this game! I'm also making a game using this Oryx tileset although I'm modifying the characters quite a bit.

Awesome work. Finish it!

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Can't wait to have the game. Do you have the exact time to release the game?

5. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Looks excellent, apart from menu background art and icon which both just don't appeal to me for some reason.
    Maybe to make menu background art in style with YouTube trailer opening, picture of pathway in creepy forest leading to castle with evil entity in background of castle and party with back turned to us marching on castle.Or just party camping in forest with fire in middle, like other part from YouTube video ;)
    Icon borders in silver lines, background black with 4 heroes like they look now, or again camping pose with fire in middle ( though don't know how much details could be effectively put in small icon and still make it appealing and not "crowded with stuff" ).
    Anyway, art is highly subjective from individual to individual, so this is meant just an advice.

6. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    so?

im so ready to get this. any updates?

7. ^DJ_Link^

Aug 7, 2010
    Programmer
    Portugal
    Hi, I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I had to chance jobs and move to a new town so the last 2 weeks have been chaotic. I'm still working on the game, but at a slower pace since most of my free time I'm still moving stuff from the old house. I expect to get back to a normal pace at the end of this week :)

8. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Looks promising, a bit similar to the recent Heroes of Loot.

9. ^DJ_Link^

Aug 7, 2010
    Programmer
    Portugal
    While both have pixel art QoD is turn based and Heroes of Loot is more real time action oriented. I'm confident both provide different game-play experiences :)

10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Just saw this topic and this game looks awesome. Are you going to need testers at any point? If so, count me in as a volunteer!

11. ^DJ_Link^

Aug 7, 2010
    Programmer
    Portugal
    Thanks. I'll update this thread when I need extra testers :)

12. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    good to know that progress is still being made.
    good luck with the move, i know how tiring the whole process is.

still excited to play this!

13. gsspzcw

gsspzcw Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to trying this out. Good luck with the moving.

14. ^DJ_Link^

Aug 7, 2010
    Programmer
    Portugal
    Thanks everyone. I'll keep everyone updated once I have more news.
    One thing I haven't shared yet is that I have the game running on Mac too, so that's a plus for those interested :)