Universal Dream of Pixels - (by Dawn of Play)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 14, 2012.

1. DawnOfPlay

DawnOfPlay Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Best move achievement

Hey, Tronz,

do you see the achievement notification sliding out when you meet the conditions? If you do, then the problem could be in the game center not syncing its achievements list immediately. We added more GC achievement syncing code with the Decembers update and I assume you have that one installed, but you could check, just in case?

Also, just in case - and for anyone else maybe - you should get the "Best Move x5" achievement by consecutively doing only 4 line clears with the "I-piece", 5 times in a row, without doing any 1-line, 2-line or 3-line clears in between - of course, you can select/drop other pieces in between (to prepare for the next 4-line clear with the I-piece) - hope that matches what you thought are the conditions by reading the (much too) short description we put in the achievements descriptions ?

In any case, if you see the notification slide out, you have definitely met the conditions, and if you don't see it and think you did meet the conditions, then we have a (bigger) problem and it would be awesome if you could help us debug it!

Thanks!

2. tronz

tronz Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    tokyo
    thank you!

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
    I did not know that four of erasing the line of succession is me.
    (I'm not good in English)
    I was able to get the "best move*5" I tried to read the descriptions.
    Is difficult.
    I do not know what should I do any kind of "free mason" to form.
    Could you tell me the symbol of the character?

3. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    HOWTO: Free Mason

Ok, if I understand this, you now understand how to do the "Best Move x5" and did it, too - congrats, nice! It is very very difficult, yes!

Free Mason is probably the hardest achievement of them all, comparable maybe only to the "Best Move x9".

You can achieve Free Mason in the Shattered mode by making the bottom of the grid straight and level, like this:

[​IMG]

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Any more updates coming?

5. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    :)

Actually.. we are working on one - definitely some (minor) bugfixing to do, have some ideas for new stuff, but are also looking for more - so:

What would you like to see in the next update?

Thanks!

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    More puzzles of game characters.

7. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Ha, cool, let's what we can come up with.

Keep them coming!

Cheers!

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    A kids mode! (Hey, you asked!)
    Micro Miners has a kids level (hidden near the settings) and it's just awesome. Dream of Pixels is so beautiful, but the puzzles are hard, so, I think a few super easy levels would be great.

9. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Oh I know! :) Awesome idea - noted!

And thanks! :)

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    #330 sweetdiss, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    Well, since you asked... : )

This is actually something I've been thinking about suggesting for a while. What about an asynchronous multiplayer mode? The way I picture it is there's a giant square (the "board") that both players have to chip away at using tetrominos. At the start of their turn each player gets a "hand" of 3 random pieces. The object is to use the pieces in clever ways to carve out the shape of one of your other pieces. For example, imagine my hand consists of a long piece, and L, and a square. I can use a long piece and an L piece and carve out a little square, and I can then use the square I already have in my hand to clear it (similar to the main game mode when you can carve out a shape and then use that piece to clear the shape for one of the achievements). After a while the board is riddled with gaps and holes and you have to try not to leave your opponent with an easy way to carve any specific shapes. Sort of like dot boxing where you don't want to set your opponent up.

When you use up your pieces they are replenished with more random ones so you always have a full hand. Play ends when there is not enough left of the board and it is no longer possible to carve out a shape. The winner is the one who successfully carved/cleared the most pieces (or maybe with the most points... Certain pieces could be worth more or less, like the zigzag would probably be worth a lot and a square or line not being worth much.) Also, there could be different boards other than a big square... like a giant star or heart or something.

Anyway, sorry if that's confusing. I'm not a game designer but I think that sounds fun!

11. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Whoa, that sounds like an awesome idea - and could be a completely separate game - I think you should think about making it yourself, actually, then give some credits to us, for sparking the idea. :) If you do in fact decide to do it, let me know!

But ... we were thinking about a real-time multiplayer mode on an iPad in the likes of Tetris multiplayer - clearing lines would drop some lines to the opponents board. One or two of the players even suggested something like that! :) This one is quite big, though, at the moment not on the plans in the near future.

Cheers!
    Žiga

12. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Dream of Pixels for FREE

Hey, guys,

we've been awfully quite lately, but after a lengthy learning experience, we decided to do it and release Dream of Pixels for Free!

Here's some more details with the trailer in this upcoming games' [thread=205647]Dream of Pixels for Free thread[/thread].

Would love to hear about how you like the new trailer and if anyone wants to give the Free version a go before release, we have some promo codes available to send out (PM me)!

We'll have some promo codes for the Full Version really soon as well! Please, hang on!

Cheers!
    Žiga

13. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    #333 DawnOfPlay, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    UPDATE + Promo code - huge give-away!

Hey, guys,

we'll be releasing the update to Dream of Pixels in a few hours!

Yeah, all the iOS7 fixes, and the white screen crash as well!

No new content - FOR NOW - as we've been busy getting the new Dream of Pixels for Free ready.

No worries, Dream of Pixels the Full $2.99 version stays intact, but we figured with all the amazing reviews, we gotta make this one Free and let as many players as we can play it.

Celebrating the release, we're giving away a huge number of promo codes for Twinoo and some Dream of Pixels for Free pre-release codes in this PROMO thread.

Also, we're setting all of our games to Free this Thursday - so yeah, you can wait for them to go free, or get them free right now via the promo codes - or not worry much, if you miss a promo code! :)

ps: we'll have some promo codes for the full version in a few hours as well! PM me for those!

pps: Also, we got this new screenshot waiting to be set free on the App Store
    Tap blocks - to clear lines:

[​IMG]

Would love to hear what you think about it and if it works at explaining the game as much as it possibly can given it's just one poor screenshot and all. :)

14. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    So the free version is separate from the full version right?

This game looks right up my street. Always find it amazing how I always think I know of every game that's out there and then come across a gem I completely missed.

15. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Exactly. The Full stays intact on the App Store at $2.99.
    The Dream of Pixels for Free one has an IAP to unlock all modes and remove ads to render it basically identical to the Full.

Yeah, same here! :)

And hope there are lots more like us out there! :)
    (that will not miss this free one) :)

16. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Great. Going to purchase full version now and wait for the update to drop before throwing myself into this :)

17. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Good choice! :D

And - THANKS!

Žiga

18. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    The UPDATE is LIVE.

No more white-screen crashes.

No more iOS7 crashes.

No more crashes.

(hopefully)
    But do let me know, if you do find some crashes still. :D

Žiga

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Well what a charming little thing this is...

I will freely admit, I didn't "get it" when I first looked at the screens so very long ago, and now I'm a bit embarrassed to have missed the initial release... :eek::)

There is so much done so well in this game... well, I'm a bit overwhelmed.

The modes, the method of unlocking the modes, the colors, the UI, the actual gameplay, the sounds, the controls... and the MUSIC? Oh my, the music.

Wow, is this ever something to be proud of. Makes me wish I had the aptitude to build a game, but I couldn't imagine coming up with something this, well, elegant.

It really is just beautiful.

DBC

20. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Oh, wow, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

So much too much to good to read, I'm re-reading it and lost count..

Thanks, really means a lot!