Assassins Creed Screens

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by radchad1, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    #1 radchad1, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
  2. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

wow, i will definatley get that one >:l

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

*sigh* So it is a port of the DS game after all.

4. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i don't know the game but it sure looks like a prince of persia :)

5. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

its a dirct port?!?!? that doesnt sound so great...... >:l

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Compare those screenshots to these DS screenshots-

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    yes, i found those screenshots too.
    iphone version looks a bit better, don't you think?

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Doesn't change the fact that the DS game was in a league of its own in overall terribleness. If they're taking the same game engine (which it looks like they are) and play style (which is hard to say from screenshots) all I can say is: Yikes.

9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Not everyone has played the DS version. I have not a clue about it. After all, we don't know for certain. Has the Dev stopped in here to clear this up?

Also, what kind of scores did the DS game get? The screens look fantastic.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

L M A O

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/971/971971p1.html

Sometimes facepalm.gif just isn't enough.

11. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    yep, DS is for kids. don't know any games there.

btw. the dev will certainly NOT stop by here. this game is what you could call a high profile title and developers of these games do not tend to hang around in community forums to give away informations which are not supposed to get out before the release of the game.

so don't hold your breath.

12. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    its actually more alarming consdiering that the horse power of the iphone is so much more than the DS, they could have attempted a lot more on this device.

the DS game, is TERRIBLE. i would not go near this unless they priced it 0.99 which would onle happen when hell freezes over of course.

or of course they come out and say its a totally different game.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I heard they were going to force terrorists detained in Guantanamo Bay to play Assassin's Creed DS, but they thought that punishment was both too cruel and extreme so they settled on water boarding instead.

14. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    It's disappointing, because the screenies looked pretty dang good IMO. What a SUCKY DS game, I'm praying it's not just a direct port, because that would make me puke a little.

15. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Sadly I'm going to get this wether or not it's good or not..

Water boarding FTW make those terroists
    Pay!!!!
    My 2 cents

16. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I haven't tried the DS game but yeah. I dunno about you guys, but I really want this game. The screenshots look really good for the iPhone, although the graphics look pretty much on par with those Terminator Salvation screenies (a little bit?).

Even though you people think it might be horrible, showing off to your friends that you have Assassin's Creed on your phone is pretty cool IMO.

17. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

well, the DS title was horrid but this looks different and hey, it might be good

18. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Yes, let's hold our judgements until it's verified it really is a port and nothing else. Hopefully even if it was a port, maybe they revamped things a lot. Who knows. I sure hope any word on it is that it's a solid and fun game.

19. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    It was obvious this would be a port (of sorts) of the DS version, as BiA, another Gameloft game part of a known IP, was also a port of the earlier DS version.

It got a 7.0 from IGN, Candy. Part of the reason it was rated so low was the short length (3 hours to finish). As the preview on IGN states, at $30 odd for a DS game, 3 hours just ain't enough, but on iTouch/Phone, it's probably gonna be ~$5-6 anyway, so it's not a bad deal really. Again, the portable game market (DS, PSP) is very different from the mobile gaming market (iTouch/Phone, Android, nGage, etc.). So what might've been a 7.0 on DS might very well be an 8 or 9 on iTouch/Phone. Or it may be less if it simply doesn't "fit" the market.

20. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    i doubt that its the port of the ds guys. ubisoft created the ds version and gameloft is working on the iphone one. though im not sure whether they teamed up or not, but lets hope this game gonna be awesome. gameloft makes nice games you know.