Guild of Dungeoneering

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by luckystrikeguy, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Pretty excited for this one as it's been in the works for like a year. It's a card dungeon crawler game. Check out the steam page to see if it's your cup of tea but I'm pretty sure this will be up there with dream quest and such at least for me. Should be universal. No price yet but I'll be buying it either way.

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, I will DEFINITELY be playing this!
    You had me at the words dungeon and card.

3. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Be sure to check out some gameplay videos because this game is pretty unique in its gameplay and art.

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Same here. I saw this on Pocketgamer and it looks intriguing.

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Front page says it's coming out 21st instead. I'm curious but reserved as the steam reviews are a little mixed with many saying RNG features regularly. Will be watching for impressions if I can manage to practice what I learnt from my instabuyers-anonymous classes.

6. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah it got pushed back :/ anyway I don't mind RNG that much especially if it's something I plan on playing in short bursts of ten to 15 minutes.

7. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This is why I prefer a surprise release (such as Day of the Tentacle) than the ongoing "coming soon" carrot danglers.

8. gambrinous

gambrinous Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Yep sorry something came up that meant we had to push it back, but at least it's just one week. It was GOING to be on our 1 year anniversary of the PC launch but now we don't quite make that, booo

9. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Im so happy that this is coming to phones too. Hope iPhone 6 is big enough though

10. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I mean I should be too old to get excited about game releases but I can't help it! I really don't want time to speed by but I can't wait for all these great games.

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Could you fill us in on what, if anything, has changed since the original release, please?

12. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    Initially I thought we'd just port to ipads (first at least) as interface-wise it's very straightforward there. But then we decided to do phones too, and we've redesigned a few parts of the game to work on the smaller screen. I think it works great. There's a few places where the text is still a bit small, but it's all perfectly playable.

13. gambrinous

Jul 7, 2016
    Dublin, Ireland
    I'm guessing you don't mean in the week's delay? We're just fixing a few more bugs.

Since last year's PC release we added a whole lot of stuff to the game. We've got a roadmap thread on steam that shows what's been done. There's an expansion and a bunch of nice gameplay improvements.

The last 8 months or so we've been working on this mobile release almost exclusively. It's a very faithful port so you'll get the exact same game as on PC, including all the music (over an hour of original OST) and bard singing (you'll see!). To fix performance for phones we really had to optimise how the game was rendered (short story, it now uses the GPU), which has worked brilliantly and even meant we were able to go from 30 FPS to 60 FPS. And then there's a lot of interface and UI changes to make things work on a touch screen (tooltips, dragging cards, redesigned UI for small screens)

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thank you for supporting iPhones! :D

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I am loving that there is more and more Steam indie stuff finding its way over to iOS (Hero Siege excluded..../spits on floor/...). Had this on PC and whilst at first it wasn't quite what I was expecting, it definitely grew on me over time. Nice way to mix up the dungeon crawl experience and worth a couple of ££.

16. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Thanks for the link.

17. itzboyztym

itzboyztym Member

Dec 13, 2012
    So which thursday does it release on? :3

18. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Checked out some gameplay vids. Looks amazing, love that they put the effort in to optimize for iPhone. Will buy.

19. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Will this have the Pirate Cove expansion released with it?

20. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    According to the dev its actually coming on Thursday during the day time at some point and not with the usual Wednesday night release time.