Angry Birds question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sk8erdude50, Feb 3, 2010.

1. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Does anyone know what those treasure chests in the game do?

2. Bassquake04

Bassquake04 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I've seen them but i haven't unlocked anything so i think....nothing?

3. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I think they just represent the pigs' treasure. Nothing that adds to the gameplay (other than being an object).

4. sk8erdude50

Oct 6, 2009
    ok, thanks. I have one more question: does the red bird do anything? Because there is a sound icon where the picture of his special ability should be, and I am wondering if it does anything special.

5. RovioMobile

RovioMobile Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Marketing Manager
    Helsinki Finland
    The treasure chest is just another item that's worth points if you break it. No extra points for destroying it compared to other items, it just looks nice.

The Red Bird is more rubbery then the other birds allowing it to bounce a bit. Other then that it has no special ability.

I hope that your all excited about the 42 new free levels and the leaderboards. We at Rovio love the crystal sdk leaderboards, it's lead to some serious competition about who's the best birds player in the office. We're still addicted to it and we've played it more then anybody...:cool:

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Any social network you integrate is going to have it's detractors, but I think that Crystal represents and meshes very well with Angry Birds:) Keep up the good work. Oh yeah and please make "Angry Birds 3D" as the sequel to this one:D

7. RovioMobile

Apr 22, 2009
    Marketing Manager
    Helsinki Finland
    Would you think a full 3D version like worms 3D style graphics or a 2.5D version like Rolando 2 or Engimo 2 graphics would be better suited for the sequel? I can't decide what I'd personally like better.

8. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Would prefer 2.5d myself, don't think the game's suited to full 3d. (p.s. love the new trailer!)

9. RovioMobile

Apr 22, 2009
    Marketing Manager
    Helsinki Finland
    2.5D does seem better as it won't change hugely what people love about the game.

Thanks for the input :)

10. sk8erdude50

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks, and yes, I am pretty excited since i only have a couple levels to go till I beat the came

11. maddog2314

maddog2314 New Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Angry Birds Tower Defense

Some input from me: I could see an Angry Birds tower defense being a hit. Red bird shooters would be normal turrets, black bird shooters would of course be bomb turrets, yellow birds would be machine gun turrets, etc. Pigs would be trying to steal eggs and take them back to the start, sort of like Cursed Treasure: Don't Touch My Gems. link: http://www.kongregate.com/games/IriySoft/cursed-treasure-dont-touch-my-gems ;)

12. Why not just make a real-life game where you have a catapult with a ball on it IRL and you aim and launch it at a screen that detects the movements of said ball? @_@

13. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    He does that sound...that is his special ability LOL
    personally, I love his scratchy cry !!

14. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    In level 1:8 tapping on one chest (that you are unable to hit) actually gives you a golden egg.

15. CrisisInNeed

CrisisInNeed Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Student
    Sydney,nsw,australia
    Wow this thread was made b4 anfry birds became a massive hit, huh rovio actually posted in these forums and now they're multi millionaires. Wow what angry birds has becom over the years.. I mean just a year and half. Oh yea good idea with the td thing.