GeoDefense Swarm Strategies here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyye06, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I found Hard 8 to be pretty tough. One of the few levels I felt thumpers were useful in. However, I didn't beat it until I focused on putting in a few lasers to supplement my thumpers. I made a thumper on endcaps oriented maze (snakebacks) in the top portion (I tried going down the left size to moderate success first), with 2 lasers thrown in (not necessarily along a straight designed for lasers) and 2 shock towers.

2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Alright thanks, here's what i came up with on my second try.. it got so crazy at the end i couldnt spend the money fast enough! This is one of those levels that once you get control of it, you wish more waves would come!

It was 'ghetto yes, and so i'm ranked 105 in OpenFeint if you're curious how far that strategy will get you... but i beat it so ha :p

Attached Files:

3. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I don't get why someone wouldn't sign up for openfeint! I thought it was the easiest sign up, i did it in mingore first, then when i played Swarm, it recognized my iphone and i didn't have to do anything! it's really fast even on 3G and it's kind of fun. I have only a few buddies because i just started checking it, but i can see that it would be easy to get a group together

also give me some time, i haven't even gotten to Looking Glass yet! :D

4. scrag555

scrag555 New Member

Sep 18, 2009

I finally beat the hatch.... Yay !!!!! About damn time too.... I've clocked geo defense & most of swarm & that was by far the hardest level...

I followed the picture posted above & just upgraded everything I had at the end to as much as I could... I got some of my thump towers to max... I got shock towers to like 6... And missles to 5 then stopped them...
    thanks to all for the advice

5. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I agree totally. I'm currently #2 on The Race Is On with 83mil and I'm struggling to figure out how the person in #1 has over 120mil. Hell, I can't even come close to my 83mil in a replay right now. :<

The spiral strategy really is overkill, and makes me wonder why I had such a hard time with the level in the first place.

6. Ommo

Ommo Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Aaaargh .... I'm stuck at hard 1. It's so viciously unforgiving. I'm laughing hard every time wave 17 comes along and walks all over me. Reminds me of the good ol days when game developers just didn't give a hoot about pleasing the crowd. Geodefense Swarm is tough loving at it's butt-spanking best. I love it. But it's making me want to crush my Iphone at the same time.

7. mdkk

mdkk New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    help with hard 2 (lovely flowers)

i can get to the last wave.
    can anyone help me out, a screenshot would be nice.

8. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Medium 2? Bueller? :)

9. Elysium

Jan 15, 2009
    Hard 1 already has a solution posted on this page. Make a really, really long blaster maze, and then get to placing and upgrading as many missiles as you can after that.

Medium 2 and Hard 2 are both beaten essentially the same way. Funnel creeps into an area where they can be hit by a bunch of missiles, that's it. Nothing special other than that. The layouts of the maps make it seem like you can't really funnel the creeps well, but if you look at them carefully you can find a way.

10. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I love this post so much. I just had to say that.

Oh and GeoDefense Classic has an update out with 4 new levels.

11. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #111 Wegmans, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    Here you go:

Hard 7: Looking Glass because someone requested it earlier, and Medium 2: Home Base

For Home Base, you really just have to try to make a maze out of it, and then start putting down both missiles and zappers.. if you can slow the creeps down, then they get nailed by missiles when they clump together..

For Looking Glass, i've been trying to make a maze with only thumpers, but i don't think it's possible...

Attached Files:

12. rockslacasa

rockslacasa New Member

Sep 26, 2009
    much simpler y me? solution

saw a couple of other solutions posted here for Medium 3: "Y me?" but I thought I'd add mine because it was much simpler and uses the speed hexes to your advantage. The first non speed hex the creeps encounter after the row of speed hexes acts a lot like a shock tower and bunches up the creeps. This makes them perfect fodder for missles, especially level 4 and higher.

So here's my final screen:

Attached Files:

13. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Neat set up! I'm going to give that a try! Got any tips for Hard 4: Crazy Ivan?

14. Unreal143

Unreal143 New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    I registered to see your solution, and it was almost identical to what i came up with to beat the level. First I tried to beat the level only using lasers positioned the same way as on your screen, but i allways got pwnd on the last levlel; so i figured rockets would do the trick :)

15. Kayyo

Kayyo New Member

Sep 25, 2009
    #115 Kayyo, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
    For the gentlemen that said hard 8 is beating him up, I'm in the same situation.. I've tried tins of things but can't seem ti beat it . Any ideas??

16. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    thanks, I had something similar but just too few missiles in the maze itself, adjusted and won it no sweat

sam

17. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    any tricks for Hard 4: Crazy Ivan?

any hints would be appreciated, i'm not sure why it's giving so much grief.. i usually die from overload on the last wave..

18. Elysium

Jan 15, 2009
    You can block off the pathways to make the creeps run a "7" shape with just two towers. Start with a laser near the entrance and attach it to the vortex. This will take out the first couple waves, but if you don't upgrade it won't be strong enough to screw you when the laser-healed creeps come. The other one goes on the right. It won't ever hit anyone, so just use a laser because it's the cheapest. The rest is just all missiles.

19. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Thanks Elysium, i'll give this a shot!

20. Wanderlost

Wanderlost New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Full health strategy for Easy 8?

I've gone through Easy 1-7 without a single "hit point" loss. I got through Easy 8 with just three damage, but like many people obsess over high scores (a pointless endeavor, IMHO; some 11 year old with nothing better to do *IS* going to beat you), I simply obsess over getting through a level with no hit point loss.

Anybody done this on Easy 8 - and feel like sharing their strategy? :)

Thanks.