Poll: Would you want a borderlands iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EyesAblaze, Jan 30, 2011.

?

Would you want to see a Borderlands port for IOS devices?

1. Yes! I want it like a diabetic kid wants cake on his birthday!

95.0%
  2. Nay!! .. I'm not allowed cake on my birthday

5.0%
  1. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    I personally think it would be amazing to see if it could be pulled off, especially with the latest iPhone specs, maybe slower rendering speeds and later DLC add ons. Maybe could run on the unreal engine, we've seen borderlands-esque graphics style from warm gun. So 50/50 chance it could get pulled off.

2. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I know its a completely different engine per say but the PC/Console version of borderlands does run on the unreal engine. I wonder how much similarity there is between the console and the idevice game engine. There has to be at least a small amount overlap I would think.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    According to Epic, there's actually a lot of overlap. But it's a matter of stripping down the assets and effects in order to have the game run on a lower-powered device.

That said, I'm not sure if Borderlands makes sense in any portable platform. Open world RPGs can work on the small screen (as Aralon shows), but Borderlands seems specifically designed for a console/PC experience. Not sure how well it would play without the ridiculous number of different weapons and the expansive real estate for the UI. I also think something that's more story driven and (somewhat) linear would work better.

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I would love this to happen, it's a great game

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Borderlands on the idevice would be epic. I could see it on an idevice, but not the whole game. Maybe an idevice only Borderlands game. Sorta like Dead Space.

6. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    At least we have warm gun to look forward to. That

7. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    port port port... it got pretty boring on consoles after about 20hrs or so and that was with a friend next to me. I cant fathom why I'd want to play it again with worse controls and no possibility of local coop unless my friends buy ipads

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    If it ended up being anything like the Dead Space game on iPad quality wise, I would absolutely love it. I miss a good rpg that does not feature manga chars or Knights. Also the graphical style would be excellent for an iOS game I think.

9. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Warm gun will Definatly be a trip.
    Borderlands would be pretty sweet with multiplayer and grafics similar to dead space. The iPhone can really only handle up to four players so If it ever happened it would work alright.
    We all know it would be pretty beast on an iPad, me myself not having one can't really say a whole lot about that. With those joy sticks that were made for it would really further the feel. Possibly the implimentation of gyroscope.
    Who knows maybe with the next gen devices this could be possible.