Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgeian

Idgeian Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Yes i take your comments on board, but my views of my opinions are that the game wont ever happen, i didnt actually say i know it for a fact and have concrete evidence of it, but it was my opinion.
    So i take your comments on board and i DO NOT wish to offend anyone.
    Look, i want a game like this to happen more than anyone as i love the silent hills, the resident evils and the games we used to play on PS1, and for anyone who is really old the old Scott Adams text only adventures, they all built the road for the progression of these kind of games, but with how long its taking and all the hope thats given to everyone my opinion is that funding will dry, technology will improve (it does every 12 months) and the game that is said to be in development will be outdated before it appears, so i just dont think it will happen, in my opinion :~)

2. Idgeian

Idgeian Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Yes i take your comments on board, but my views of my opinions are that the game wont ever happen, i didnt actually say i know it for a fact and have concrete evidence of it, but it was my opinion.
    So i take your comments on board and i DO NOT wish to offend anyone.
    Look, i want a game like this to happen more than anyone as i love the silent hills, the resident evils and the games we used to play on PS1, and for anyone who is really old the old Scott Adams text only adventures, they all built the road for the progression of these kind of games, but with how long its taking and all the hope thats given to everyone my opinion is that funding will dry, technology will improve (it does every 12 months) and the game that is said to be in development will be outdated before it appears, so i just dont think it will happen, in my humble opinion :~)

3. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Why would a company that is developing an iOS game go out their way to make a game website that's not compatable with iOS devices?

Please make a non flash version

4. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    #2124 picoro, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    previous version work, i think is for marketing.

force to the people for buy new device.

bastion on iphone 4s /5 is crap.

is much better on ipad 3/4 for big screen.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    And to take advantage of the hardware in newer devices.

6. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2126 tatoforever, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    Ravensword 2 have been in development for years (small team, budget hiccups, etc). Anyone in the gaming industry know all those things and it's perfectly normal. I'm sure Ravensword2 will worth the wait.
    In our case, we have only one rule to follow "quality and perfection over quantity and cheapness". As we develop FM, we also adapt to new technologies and devices, so don't worry, FM will never be outdated technology-wise. I have myself researching new techniques and implemented a lot of novel rendering stuff that will probably won't be seen in mobile for a long time. But yeah, our main focus is to bring a complete survival horror game.
    [Edit] Images temporary removed! Will re-upload them soon.

7. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2127 tatoforever, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    [Edit] Images temporary removed! Will re-upload them soon.

8. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Those screenshots look really dark. I couldn't imagine playing this game out during the day the glare would make it impossible to see anything because it's too dark...

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    tatoforever - I understand that you're going for a dark, moody feel, but don't you think you are taking things to the extreme? I don't know if you are seeing the images differently on your monitor, but these screenshots are virtually black on my screen. I can barely see anything at all.

10. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Ambient light is almost to zero in that scene but yeah we will have a good compromise in ambient/lighting in such dark scenes so it can be played at night and day.

11. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I just realize that ambient light was turned off in those shaders, dunno why. I'm updating the shaders to get ambient passes and re-upload the images soon. Sorry for the confusion!

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This game is still on my must-buy list, but damn has it been a while. I hope it gets released so we can walk in the dark with our flashlights.

13. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Here is, ambient lighting is now on. Please let me know if you still find those images quite dark? Keep in mind that, this is some sort of development setup ambient rig. You'll be able to set the ambient lighting in the option menu (while playing). :)

Attached Files:

14. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Bonus:

Attached Files:

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Still really dark, are those indoors with zero light sources? My understanding was that it would be dark/really dim but we would have a flashlight.

Btw, I take it since the beta call has not gone out the ETA has been pushed so to Q1 2013?

16. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    doesnt matter if its too dark you have a flashlight plus it creates tension

17. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Please, show here compared to the 4G version and a version for the latest iDevice :)

Maybe you motivate some people to buy the latest iDevice ;)

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I like the screenshots. I don't plan on playing this game during the day anyway. I play games which are "supposed to be scary" at night - it really adds to the atmosphere.

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    IMO they are still too dark, and well, I don't like the GUI.

20. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    There will be distant light sources yeah but in general atmosphere is dark as in most survival horror games. But don't worry we are fine tuning all those light rigs and we will do a final pass on them when we get final input from public/private betas.