Rogue Wizards: Free beta test sign ups. rogue-like, turn-based, dungeon-crawler

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by spellbindstudios, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Perhaps they are waiting on the update. Some devices will not play it , like mine, as
    it keeps crashing to workbench.

2. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Lovely, I played the hell out of the game on Steam (username: Swingingwake), but I really prefer games of this type on tablet these days.

I know this is a long shot, but any chance my Steam save will carry over? Barring that, are the saves in the same format, ie, could I replace the iOS save with the Steam (MacOS) one manually?

3. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    What device do you use to have it crash? I would be using my iPhone , 7plus 256g.. I do have an iPad mini also that's one of the newer ones)

4. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I'm using a 16 gig iPad mini 2nd gen. Hopefully the fix will be out soon.
    They said within about two weeks. That was about a week ago.

5. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    So have I, and today it finally came!!! It's it's beautiful!!!

6. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Playing on iPhone 5s 16gb

Get glitchy slowdowns on occasion. Like it's having trouble drawing everything in the screen.

Get random crashes in game.

Usually these problems occur after a prolonged session of play, indicating memory leak. But sometimes it's soon after starting play. But mostly after long sessions.

Also, game seems to take a long time to load when I first open it. I know, my phone is old.

Really really really loving this game. Very addicted. Not in love with the music though. Meh.

7. Bladejay

Bladejay Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Loving the visual style of the game. Very fun mechanics so far with interesting monsters. No crashes or bugs so far when playing on iPad Pro.

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #28 stubbieoz, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Any of the other beta testers finding the pet setup is almost like a energy mechanic?
    Gems are hard to come by and the cost of extra gems for another pet is prohibitive, expecially early in the game.
    I am finding I am turning the game off after every dungeon run as I have to wait approx 20 minutes for my pet to be available.

9. MrToffee79

MrToffee79 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    So, still waiting for a beta sign up. Applied weeks ago.

10. spellbindstudios

spellbindstudios Active Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Don't worry ... if you're not in yet you will be soon. It's necessary to stagger the entry into the beta so that there are always fresh eyes testing out each new build as it is released.

11. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback. Just so you know what's happening

1) Bulk Sell Mode: Although the touch mechanics are still the same it will now give you visual feedback when you enter/exit the mode, touch an inventory square on the screen, and will stay in the mode if you try to sell something that can't be sold as well as also give you feedback that it can't be sold. Hopefully these additions make the mode a lot more friendly to use.
    2) Agree on the flashy upgrade spells and level up. This flashing text now displays for only the first 30 seconds of any level and then it auto fades away
    3) Move and rock spell ... I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. If possible, please use the in game bug and feedback reporting and let me know more details. In in game form auto sends me screenshots and save games so it's easier for me to replicate issues or see what players are talking about.

Thanks for playing!!

12. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    Great feedback.

1) Diagonals: Yeah this is a problem due to a tile blocking diagonal movement, without it the characters cut through graphics in a really strange way that doesn't look right which is why it's in there.
    2) Loot: If you could submit a bug from in game, it will take a screenshot and send it to me in the bug report ... that will make it easier for me to see why the particular situation isn't working as best it could.
    3) Font: Do you mean the black "script-like" font that is on the white text bubble backgrounds, scrolls, and dialog scrolls? If so you're not the first, so I'll look for a new one ... but if I have it wrong please clarify which font you mean (preferably through the in game feedback reporting system).

13. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    Thanks for playing the desktop version. Unfortunately there is no way to move the Steam data over to iOS :(

14. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    This is definitely a RAM memory issue. A lot of optimizations are in your version ... but I will try to squeeze out even more. Thanks for the report.

15. spellbindstudios

Mar 1, 2017
    The pets have a required "rest period" on them to encourage switching to another pet to change up the gameplay and makes the dungeons feel different to me and a lot more fun. It also helps to encourage purchasing another pet with gems (cause I gotta eat and I want to make another game one day), but in no way does the game do a true energy mechanic and keep you from being able to play unless you have more energy ... you can always play and move forward in the game without having to spend gems or energy or whatever.

I am open to other ways of encouraging this though ... I'm happy to talk about it through email, just send me a message in the in game feedback reporter if you have some ideas.

16. prodigygwa

prodigygwa Active Member

May 12, 2013
    Any idea on release date yet???

17. Meeseeks

Meeseeks Member

Jul 25, 2016
    I signed up some time ago and still haven't received an invite.

18. liva

liva Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Paris, France
    same here, would love to try

19. MrToffee79

MrToffee79 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Same with me. Registered for the beta weeks ago. The thread title still suggests that one can register for the beta. If that isn't the case please change that.

20. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    It was a long shot...I know that unless you're running your own identity service it's not possible to save across platforms. Happy to purchase again, anything to keep indies out of a cube farm. :)