Can I make a game?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by asipre, Jul 9, 2010.

1. asipre

asipre Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Korea (South)
    [​IMG]

Hi :) Nice to meet you. I love Manga, Anime, and Game... and my goal is make a game with my work and stories... How do you feel about my work? She is taoist fairy... Can I make it?

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
  3. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Yes but only if you have a Mac and know a good amount of different programming languages as you will only get so far with Xcode solely.

4. asipre

asipre Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Korea (South)
    Modae / Thank you!!!
    nephilim apps / Thank you! I have a Mac and a friend who is familiar programming languages ^-^ We'll mak a team.

5. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Sounds good :D

6. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    Your art looks cool. Definitely something you'd expect to see in a videogame :)

That being said, making a game is quite an ordeal. Almost anyone can "make a game" if they want to badly enough.. but making a good game requires a serious amount of dedication, talent, cooperation, and a good knowledgebase of what is fun and what people will want to play. Also, the ability to properly manage all of the disciplines involved (artists, engineers, musicians, designers.. even if they are a small team)

If you've never made a game before, and you are serious about it more than just something to do " for fun," a good rule of thumb to start is getting familiarized with all the necessary ingredients. What type of people you'll need, how much budget (if any) you are willing to spend, how to properly spread it out. What hardware and software you will need, and then spec out something small and simple to get an idea of what the process will be like. It won't lead to a remarkable first effort, but the knowledge and understanding you get from it will be priceless and help you to gauge what to do for your second, "bigger" title.

If you are just looking at it as a hobby, and only want to make some huge masterpiece, that is fine as well, but unless you are already extremely rich (or very fortunate) the odds of finishing a complex, complete game on your very first attempt in a reasonable amount of time (between all the people involved) is very low.

If you want to do something small and simple, between 2-3 people with some understanding of things, you should be able to put something into release in a couple of months (that'll still be a lot of hard work and heatache - but you will have something to show for your effort!)

I hope that helps!

7. touchten

touchten Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    go for it

Go for it!

you just need a big dream, and a spirit of never giving up easily
    to enter anything in life really,

but you have a very very decent drawing, I would not think twice
    before entering the app business

go for it!

8. asipre

asipre Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Korea (South)
    headcaseGames / Thank you for advicing. I have a friend who had experience and we made a team. We are a novice in game, but we're struggling each area.

touchten / Thank you... I'll try a little harder!

9. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It depends.