Anyone pick up the new Hollywood Undead CD?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MasterChief3624, Jan 17, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm not sure what the musical taste is like around here, but I have a feeling Hollywood Undead is not one of the more popular bands here :p But I still thought I'd ask:

Did anyone else pick up the new Hollywood Undead CD/album? I think it's called 'Notes From the Underground'. It's their third album.

I have to say I really like it, but it's not perfect. It feels like with each CD, the ratio of great songs:mediocre songs grows in favor of the mediocre. On Swan Songs, I think I like pretty much every song on there, especially the last few. American Tragedy was still very strong, but there are a couple I didn't enjoy too much. And now this album... there are a few more I don't like.

But the two songs that I have been listening to non-stop since I bought the album are "Outside" and "Believe". Those songs were worth the full purchase of the album, already, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much about the other songs I'm not too fond of, haha :eek:

Hollywood Undead is one of those bands I can't say I'm proud of enjoying, but I do enjoy them. Even their more ridiculous songs, that completely objectify women, materialism, and celebrity status... Even though the objectification of women goes against my life philosophy absolutely, some of the songs are undeniably catchy. :\ I shouldn't feel bad about liking something, but in this case I kind of do. Better than adoring ICP, I suppose (no offense if anyone here likes them!).

...well this topic kind of went off the rails a little. Let me try to revert it back to the original idea: Have any of you bought the new Hollywood Undead album? If so, how do you like it? :D

If you don't like Hollywood Undead, you are obviously free to state your reasons here as well. :p

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I like their first cd it was cool the song undead was on a UFC game

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Pretty much my same thoughts, except I haven't heard the new CD in its entirety and don't plan on purchasing it.

Maybe I'll Youtube it.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I say back to hell was their best song off their last album

5. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes them! :D

"Been to Hell" is all right, but my favorite song on that album is "Hear Me Now". It's actually the reason I got into Hollywood Undead again! I heard it on the radio (I listen to the radio like once every year, and this song happened to be on), and I Soundhounded it, and it came up in my phone!

So I bought the song, then bought the whole CD, then bought Swan Songs, and now I'm a fan. Haha. Funny how things work out like that :)

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Just listening to them now, for the first time as far as I can tell. "We Are" is awesome!

7. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh yes, I really like that song, too! :D

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    What do people think of Deuce - "America"?

I like it more than recent Hollywood Undead songs. Maybe that's what they're missing.

9. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I didn't know he made an album yet! Thanks for letting me know. I just listened to the snippet on iTunes for "America" and it sounds all right. Kind of hard to judge from clips, but I think it sounds pretty good actually. :)

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I feel Hollywood Undead is missing Deuce's "attitude".

Apparently Deuce was a douche though haha(if you believe what the rest of HU says). I liked what he brought to the group though, and I think it shows with how different(awesome) Swan Songs was.