The Monster Invasion (Viking Invaders) is now Free!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by CitizenTree, Jul 7, 2011.

1. CitizenTree

CitizenTree Active Member

May 20, 2011
    Hi All,

I'm happy to announce that our latest labour of love is free from now till over the weekend. Enjoy :)

The Monster Invasion (Viking Invaders)

★ "Watching these little guys fly off your screen or get burned to a crisp before they reach the city is definitely…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ★ "Watching these little guys fly off your screen or get burned to a crisp before they reach the city is definitely satisfying." - AppAdvice

On June 16th 793 AD, The Vikings landed on English Soil, starting the Viking Age in England. Now in 2011, the Vikings will once again return but this time they’re taking over your iPhone and iPad! Stop the Viking Monsters from invading England again using various ingenious contraptions such as trap door, springs, slings, anvil, flame throwers and electrocuters while listening to their funny squeak and squeal as they are being sent to oblivion. Brave the continuous hordes of Viking Monsters as the attack waves continue non-stop. Compete for the highest score with the online leaderboard. Tweet and Facebook your friends whenever you reach a new high score and collect all 20 achievements.

Features
    - Simple one touch play
    - Cartoony settings with cute monsters
    - Online leaderboard (Game Center and OpenFeint)
    - Achievements (Game Center and OpenFeint)
    - Pick up and play game (no lengthy tutorials)
    - Social Notification (FB and Twitter)
    - Run super smooth on 1st get device at 60 fps

Coming Soon
    ------------
    1. "Combo" system (multi kills)
    2. More fun achievements
    3. More everything nice!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jun 08, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    This is seriously one fun little game especially for high score Junkees like myself . Everyone should give this a go I'm off to leave my review on the app store

3. CitizenTree

May 20, 2011
    Glad you enjoy the game. Always love to hear feedbacks, good or bad. It helps us to go on and continue our effort as indie game developer :). Love to hear more feedbacks from others on this thread. Thanks again Howlingwolf.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Isn't this just a direct clone of Zombie Assault (just look at the third image of the set)?

Zombie Assault

New Version 1.2 includes newest OpenFeint version and improved stability!

They just keep coming! The zombies ar…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    New Version 1.2 includes newest OpenFeint version and improved stability!

They just keep coming! The zombies are back, and this time they mean business! In order to have a chance against this ongoing invasion, of course you need to upgrade your defenses as well!

FEATURED BY

== The App Stork (pocketgamer.co.uk)
    == Appmania! Rating 8.5/10
    == taptoplay.de
    and others!

MEET THE CLUBBER

A completely new feature in ZOMBIE ASSAULT, the CLUBBER is the zombies' worst nightmare! Just send him along a path and he'll do the rest! Watch him slam those zombies out of the screen or stomp them into the ground!

ACCELEROMETER ENABLED SNIPER-MODE

Use the all-new SNIPER MODE to stop the Assault! With extra-smooth, super-accurate control, move your crosshair by tilting your iPhone/iPod and pick off those zombies one by one. If you like the DOOM Resurrection controls, you will love this mode! Keep those headshots coming!

ACHIEVEMENTS

Zombie Assault features over 40 ACHIEVEMENTS that are unlockable during the game! The game has a completely new Stats-Tracking system that stores your progress while playing and recognizes your special skills when you fulfil given challenges, like burning multiple zombies at the same time or reaching a given number of kills! You can also unlock new Special Defense Weapons in-game by reaching the Achievement Milestones!

ONLINE LEADERBOARDS / ACHIEVEMENTS with OpenFeint

Zombie Assault is completely integrated with OpenFeint, a next-gen Social Community for your iPhone/iPod! You can now compare your highscores to your friends who are using OpenFeint or to all the other people that are using it! You can even publish your Achievements on Facebook or Twitter, and search for your friends there as well! OpenFeint has already been implemented by many popular games such as Aurora Feint, Sentinel 2, StickWars, and many more! Join this growing community now and connect to the large user base that comes with it!

AND MANY MORE FEATURES, INCLUDING:
    - New zombie skins and animations
    - Completely new music track in-game
    - New sounds
    - Optimized performance
    - Faster loading times
    - Interface overhaul

FEATURED BY

== The App Stork (pocketgamer.co.uk):
    In a familiar template with a scrumptious undead theme, Zombie Assault's impressively coiffured members of the recently un-deceased are a perfect match for the genre. It's a steal at £0.59 - go get!

== Appmania! Rating 8.5/10:
    This is a very fun game. If you like castle defence you'll like. If you sick of castle defence and want something different you'll like it. And if you never heard of castle defence before...YOU'LL LIKE IT.

== taptoplay.de:
    Zombie Assault is fun for in between in a lovely designed comic style.

---------------------------------
    Visit us: http://www.bigitec.com
    Follow us: http://www.twitter.com/bigitec
    Watch us: http://www.youtube.com/bigitec
    ---------------------------------

Zombie Assault is OpenFeint Enabled.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jun 09, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    #5 Howlingwolf, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    @Lord Gek I sort of see what you mean but apart from them being on rooftops and the piece of wood between the two I feel it's a bit harsh to say it's a rip . I haven't played the other game but from what I can make out gameplay is totally different too

Edit on second look I see a few more things too so maybe you are right as for gameplay I don't know as I said not played the other game

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It is a LOT MORE than that.

2-3 rows of guys coming across and needing to perfectly time the traps (a trap door, heavy object, and laser).

Look at the gameplay (starting a minute in) and explain how it is unique. :)

Every game is inspired by other games, that isn't my issue, I just want my clones to add something unique besides graphics and maybe I'm missing key subtle differences between the two games.

7. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Sorry for the double post but I have to say this having watched the vid of the other game I take back my previous endorsement for this game as it is a complete rip of the the other game .

@ the devloper I will be re writing my previous app store review to point out the fact too and shame on you as an indie developer for doing it in the first place . Indie developing to me is about fresh ideas not blatant copying .

Ok rant over off to give my money to the other games developers

8. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    No totally agree now and well spotted sir

9. CitizenTree

May 20, 2011
    #9 CitizenTree, Jul 7, 2011
    A legitimate question. Honestly No. To be frank we didn't even know it exist. The original flash version of our Viking Invaders was launch before 2009 (Around 2008). Of course we tried to improve and adapt the Flash Version for the iPhone. Wasn't a straight port though :)

10. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    From the production values it is clear Citizen Tree has talent and MAYBE there are some subtle differences, but, grrr, it sure looked the same to me.

11. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

So is Zombie Assualt a rip off of your flash game?

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Crap, that is more than possible, and if the case please excuse me.

13. CitizenTree

May 20, 2011
    #13 CitizenTree, Jul 7, 2011
    I checked the launch date of Zombie Assault. It's 2009. Our flash version was launched earlier (definitely around or before 2008) but I would not want to claim or accuse them of cloning our game. I really don't know the circumstance of how they conceive the game. What I do know when we develop Monster Invasion, we honestly did not know or ever heard of Zombie Assault :)

14. CitizenTree

May 20, 2011
    It's quite alright. It's a fair and legitimate concern. We do appreciate your feedback :)

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It is a fun concept either way. :)

16. CitizenTree

May 20, 2011
    #16 CitizenTree, Jul 7, 2011
    Thx.

17. CitizenTree

May 20, 2011
    Hi Howlingwolf. I hope you will not re-write the review. I think we've proved that at the very least the we did not clone Zombie Assault.

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I look forward to combo scoring and perhaps some unique vikings that might be immune to some traps.

19. CitizenTree

May 20, 2011
    Hmm.... we've been thinking about combos but the Immune Vikings is actually a good idea. Didn't think of that. Thx.

20. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    A simple idea might be a flying guy who would therefore be immune to the trap door and springboard.