Crowman & Wolfboy - help this indie game!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wither Studios, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Wither Studios

Oct 28, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #1 Wither Studios, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

This is Wither Studios first game, and we are about halfway through production. Check out our website to watch our crazy video (Tim and Eric style) and links to Facebook, Twitter and our Kickstarter Page:

www.witherstudios.com

We need help funding our project, to see it through to completion. Please take a few moments to check out our Kickstarter Page (There are Prizes!). Fan us on Facebook to get updates on what we are doing. Thanks everyone! We hope to bring you lots of awesome games in the near future :)

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Omg the artstyle is so awesome!! :eek: Gameplay looks good though the wacky trailer doesn't reveal much.

3. adamans

adamans Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Dir. of Communications at Code-Monkeys & Soma Game
    Oregon
    I agree with LOLavi. The art sold me. The video might turn away potential funders. I understand the silliness factor but the cool art and story is buried deep in the video.

If you stumble on this make sure you do see the art. I look forward to the game.

-

4. Wither Studios

Oct 28, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you! We've worked long and hard on making this game look good. The thing is, the gameplay is still in Alpha stage and we aren't quite ready to show it off yet. Though we need the funding soon to help progress development faster and smoother. That's the catch 22 of the situation.

We've had a couple of other requests to show more of the game as well. So we will be working extra hard to hopefully get a new trailer before our Kickstarter project ends. In the meantime, we will be posting more artwork from the game on both our Facebook page and Kickstarter profile. The art style is getting great reactions all around, which makes us very happy!

5. adamans

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    Very cool. Well, here is to the project getting the funding. We are thinking of doing a kickstarter for a few side projects in our shop.

-

6. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #6 GoofyJmaster., Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    The art style reminds me of Limbo for Xbox 360, one of my favorite arcade games, but with more environments. I will definitely be checking this out.

Also, the Crowman & Wolfboy picture is awesome!!!

7. Wither Studios

Oct 28, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks adamans! Good luck on your projects

Much appreciated!

8. hapaninja

hapaninja Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Art Director for Soma Games and Code-Monkeys
    Portland, OR
    Very cool looking. The whole silhouette thing has been done a lot, but always looks nice, but it looks like they're going beyond that. Really awesome looking. Hope they make their goal!

9. Wither Studios

Oct 28, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks hapaninja! We love the silhouette style, so it was definitely an infulence in design. Our characters are actually shadows though, so it's sort of slightly different :)

10. Wither Studios

Oct 28, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    More pictures and an early environment video added to our Kickstarter Page! Check it out :)

Pictures on the main page, video is on the Updates Page.

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    The enviroments look great for pre-alpha and the music in video sounds awwesome :) Just worried about controls... Don't have good memories of slider controls on touch screen...

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This looks great.

13. Wither Studios

Oct 28, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks guys! We've actually scrapped the slider control. Check out the new video we posted that explains more about the gameplay!

14. adamans

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    The new video I think does great in helping people see what they are investing in. Great job! Looking forward to updates.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Gameplay seems to be good :) The music is haunting but awesome :)

16. Wither Studios

Oct 28, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Today is our last day on Kickstarter! If you know anyone that would be kind enough to pledge a few bucks, please share this link: bit.ly/sy9YTO

We'll continue with updates on the project and more, on our Facebook page, after our KS campaign ends. So if you'd like to follow the project, like us on Facebook :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wither-Studios/198459851225

17. atum_ramirez

atum_ramirez Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    game designer
    I'm curious to see how the final game turns out. Everything looks stunning and kickstarters are showing the love so best of luck to the guys and gals making it. Added them to twitter to make sure I don't miss a beat.

Just a question. If you stuff 15 environments in an iOS game, isn't that going to bloat it way above 100 mb? And why 15? Why not 5? 10? 7? :)

18. Wither Studios

Oct 28, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Glad you like the visuals!

15 wasn't specifically a planned number right from the beginning. We just wanted to have a lot of different environments that Crowman & Wolfboy would travel to. To keep the game visually interesting as the scenery is always changing. 15 turned out to be the right number, to get the characters from one side of the universe to the next. As for file size, we may go a little above 100 MB, though we aren't too concerned about that. Our main goal is to make a good game, we don't want to limit ourselves or subtract from the experience. :)