iOS 6 severely reduced my framerate on many games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JBRUU, Oct 25, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    This is coming from an iPad 3.

GTA 3 – I must be running the thing at 25 FPS, down from a very stable and smooth 45-50. Nt just heavy action onscreen or 5 star wanted level, but everything chugs. All apps closed, memory cleared.

PoP: WW — Admittedly this is old, but I'm getting a good 20 frames per second. I played through the game running iOS 5.1.1 and the thing was probably running at 60 FPS. Ugh.

MC3 — Online multiplayer has very noticeable framerate issues. I'm not sure if its the server end of things, but I know on iOS 5 I had a very stable framerate.

Bastion — Framerate drops with more than 5 enemies onscreen. It never did this on iOS 5.

Crazy Hedgy — Not so bad, but noticeably less smooth

Those are the games I remember performing less smoothly, but I'm sure there are more. Anyway my point is that I'm quite dispointed in the gaming performance of iOS 6, and I thought iOS 5 was unoptimized.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How's walking dead?

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I can't really tell that much of a difference. It might also be that the last episode I played was released after iOS 6, so it was optimized for it.

4. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Wow that sucks. My iPad 3 is staying at 5.11 JB anyway.

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I haven't noticed a change on my iPad 2, but I don't have any of those games mentioned above.

6. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that how Apple make more money, they make you upgrade the system year by year and one day you will find your devices is nothing other than garbage.
    then you have to buy a new IOS device.

7. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    one thing make me hate is ipod touch 5th is not same chip with iphone 5.
    Now IOS 6 is such a hardware eater, new ipad is roughly same performance with iphone 4s/ ipod 5th.
    so same lag would happens to touch 5.
    and they even would upgrade their hardware every 6 months.