The Secret of Grisly Manor - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pablo6630, Oct 11, 2010.

1. trubougiebadd

trubougiebadd New Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Where is the study?? I do not see a room with scales.......

2. clock

clock New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    I have the same problem with the clock. Please help

3. Raz503

Raz503 New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    clock

I am so very stuck. I got the symbols, used them in the truck and for 5:30-5:40 which I was supposed to use in the clock? But nothing has happened, i am so very lost. Help
    :mad:

4. kkmd

kkmd New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Love the game and my kids are enjoying it also. I think I've almost solved it...I finally got into the basement and was able to turn the keys so they were all lit up, but nothing happened. All I have left is the matches, the combination, and the fishbowl. Any hints?

5. iPhone5Holder

iPhone5Holder New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Australia
    Can't work out the 4 wooden eagle puzzle.
    There's no study upstairs as the only rooms i've found upstairs are 2 bedrooms, a bathroom & a stairway to the attic, plus a room that is totally sealed up with no doorknob.

Please help me as i love these sort of games but i'm stumped on what to do next.

6. ladyballa

ladyballa New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    How do you get inside the study?

I have the shed opened, the wrench, fuse, combination, and [still] the fishbowl with the fish in it! lol.

I can't seem to solve the clock and the globe. And I've totally read through the forum thing. Help... please? :) xx

7. beepbeep43

beepbeep43 New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Hellppp!

Hi! I really like this game but I can't get passed the clock:( I've set it at 5:40, 8:25, and even 11:15. But nothing works:( CAn someone help me? Is there a way it needs to be? And I'm not stupid, I know how to read an analog clock.

8. amys252

amys252 New Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Hi I have made it to the basement and clicked on something and the screen went black. Is this a bug in the game? Is there something else I need to do? I can't seem to get out of it.

Thanks!

9. Shanmonster21

Shanmonster21 New Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Help!!! :(

So I have the wooden box and the fireplace is out. I just have matches, empty fishbowl, and combination. But I can not for the life of me figure out how to open the wooden box. I figured the shed outside since there was wooden shavings, but I don't know what to do once I get out there. (Or if I'm even supposed to be out there.) Help would be much appreciated.

10. Paul Graefe

Paul Graefe New Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Can you recall the clue in the stump?

I got this game for my 9yo daughter and she is loving it. However, when she finally figured out the clues for the stump, she was so excited she neglected to read the clue that popped up. Since then, neither she nor I have been able to figure out how to get the clue to reappear. Is this a bug or is there a way to have the clue redisplayed?

Over all, this is a really great game! My daughter and I have enjoyed working on it together. I will definitely be looking at other titles from Fire Maple!

Paul

11. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    If I remember correctly, the wording was something to do with two beams of light coming out of the puzzle. You can still see the beams pointing to two of the four symbols. Given some time on your hands, and you will figure it out - if you don't go cookoo first!

Shanmonster, if you still need a clue, I think you may need to relight the fire and find some more wood to burn... Good thing you still got some matches.

Don't let these puzzles get you boxed in, you've got the whole world to explore, even if you have a burning desire to... Maybe I should quit these wordplays while I am ahead, as my jokes are sounding a little wooden...

12. Paul Graefe

Paul Graefe New Member

Aug 14, 2011
    help

put in a fire then put the box in\ get water in the bowl by the tub then put out the fire there you got it 9 year old

13. ComplicatedMe

ComplicatedMe New Member

Aug 24, 2011
    basement wheels

Same here. Got to the basement and lit all three wheels up together 3 or 4 times and nothing happened. Wondering if it's a glitch or if I'm just missing something. Please help. LOVE the game though

14. alok_suryavanshi2000

Sep 9, 2011
    Hi, I m feeling like I m a bit sorta idiot, I m just unable to open the globe , plz somebody help me . Read the study letter on the globe . Now what next??

15. Phdbyoung

Phdbyoung Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Totally lost

Can someone please assist on the "concept" of this game? I have a few objects, unable to locate an upstairs study and not a clue what the next logical step is! Thanks much :)

16. Phdbyoung

Phdbyoung Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Really stuck and need help!!!

Anyone know how to take a screen shot of a game page so I can post where I am stuck? Do any developers read these threads? Paid for the game and really need help! My email is [email protected]
    Thank you!

17. Phdbyoung

Phdbyoung Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Mr. Grizzly, could you please read my posts and assist me??? Thanks!

18. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    With this particular game, every item you find has a purpose. You need to figure out where and how to use each item to get to the end of the game. What items do you have right now? The study is the locked room upstairs that you can't get to yet. Other clues/items will lead you there eventually.

19. Phdbyoung

Phdbyoung Member

Sep 21, 2011
    If you can tell me how to do a screen shot (on the iphone) I can post that. Items I have at the moment are: matches, tuning fork, goldfish bowl (with water and fish) and a scrap of paper that says (42-3). I have been outside, got the wood and lit the fireplace. I can't, for the life of me, find any movement forward with the game. Thanks so much!

20. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    You serious? After a week or so you still haven't found out how to make a screenshot on iPhone? Have you ever tried to type "screenshot" and "iPhone" into google?

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonewidgets/ht/iph-screenshot.htm

Sorry, it might sound harsh, but I think solving an adventure game not being able to find out how to make a screenshot might be pretty hard.