iPad Air Graphics Problem

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by neostar, Nov 3, 2013.

1. neostar

neostar Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    No dead trigger 2 update yet =( look like crap stil on ipad air

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Real Racing 3 has been fixed.

3. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #43 chris1a, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    I believe Klink is right about the GPU being the culprit since it's a completely new line of GPUs. I don't see why the CPU should cause any issues with games in particular as the CPU in the Air do show 2x the performance or more in CPU heavy apps compared to the iPad 4, without any updates etc.

Also, you probably don't want all your games and apps updated to 64bit with a measly 1GB of RAM in the Air. Forget the 64bit part for now, it's just the way things are headed, but it also requires the rest of the hardware to follow along (like all that extra RAM 64bit applications requires). Only reason the Air did not get the much needed 2GB RAM is purely a business strategy by Apple. The Air is the new iPad 3, or iPad 1 if you will. So looking at the history, Apple will most likely get it right with the next iPad, next year.

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The latest update to IB III which was supposed to fix the ipad air retina bug crashes the app instantly on launch now. Well that's just great!

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    The Bards Tale doesn't work on the iPad air, just quits out at the title screen :(

6. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Thank goodness that I have had a chance to read this thread. I had seriously been contemplating buying the iPad Air, as a replacement for my aging iPad 3, but after reading about all these problems, I will hold off until the next generation of iPad is released sometime next year.

It looks as though Apple may have released a lemon, with not enough memory to address the higher demands of the new and supposedly faster chip.

7. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #47 Bytebrain, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    Apple haven't "released a lemon". It's simply a question of developers that haven't yet had time to update their apps to make them work on a completely new device, same issues there have been every single time a new iPad have been released.

It's the same situation whenever a major new iOS release, some apps and games don't work, or don't work properly until the apps themselves is updated.

I bought the iPad Air, and I can confirm that The Bard's Tale doesn't work as yet on it, even after a complete reset, but I'm confident it'll work when the developers has an opportunity to get their hands on an iPad Air, find out what the problem is, and update the game.

I know from experience that it pays to be a bit patient when buying new tech on day one.

Every other game and app I've tried so far have worked flawlessly.

Edit:
    I've submitted a ticket to the developers informing them of the problem, as they may not even be aware yet that there is an issue.

8. neostar

neostar Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    Now they have updated Gangstar Vegas YAAAY One game i can play on my ipad air :)

9. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    The Bard's Tale have been updated with a fix for iPad Air.
    ☺️

10. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Yep, working fine now!

The only update I'm still waiting for is 9th Dawn. :)

11. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I just got my iPad Air but havent got the chance to sync yet since my back up is at my work PC. Hope my games will be okay. I mostly play TD and Card games.

Any experience with:

Kingdom Rush
    Magic 2014
    PvZ 2

and such? Thanks!