CAVE Sale (Starts April 7th)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by mrsamsa, Apr 5, 2012.

1. mrsamsa

mrsamsa Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    #1 mrsamsa, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Great news for people who don't have them yet. I know your list is straight from the article but Deathsmiles is not universal.

3. mrsamsa

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    #3 mrsamsa, Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks, I corrected the list from a CAVE specific article.

4. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    #4 RCranium666, Apr 5, 2012
    I'll probably get Deathsmiles. Just noticed Bug Princess 2 came out. Don't see anything on TA about it yet.

5. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Bug Princess is universal (not HD) and is listed as on sale for $2.99.

6. mrsamsa

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    Bug Princess is my favourite CAVE shooter, though BP2 may usurp it. It is indeed universal, but not HD.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow! Definitely great deals! Nows your chance to see why these games deserve their prices (and why most feel lucky to have them at such prices).

Can't beat $3 for DDPBD or BP... And $6 for ESPGALUDA and DDPR? Very nice...

As well as Bug Panic for a buck?!?! It's still my favorite dual stick game... And makes every other DS game seem dull in comparison... Especially once you unlock hard mode.

8. mrsamsa

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    I'm definitely going to get Bug Panic, but I've got BP, BP2 and DDPR: HD, so I might pass on the others for now, though I'm considering DDPBD.

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Awesome, I've been a bit intimidated to try some Cave games because while I like shumps, I'm far from being great at them.

But think I'll definately pick up at least one or two to give them a fair shake. Is there any one in particular that may be a bit less challenging than the others?

Oh, and I'll definately pick up Bug Panic.

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #10 syntheticvoid, Apr 5, 2012
    Bug Princess 1+2 are pretty straight forward with the scoring. I personally find the DoDonPachi titles to be the most complex... Espgaluda and Deathsmiles are both kind of in the middle with their scoring... It's kind of hard to figure out. But once you do, it's fairly easy...

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Damnit... can't buy any of them. :( Not that I'd want to anyways...y'know, since I already have them. :p

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks. Forgot how big some of these games are as well. Think I'll try a lite or two before the sale (forgot since I upgraded that some of these games even have lite versions).

13. mrsamsa

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    I'm a shooter newbie, having just gotten into them a couple months ago. I found the learning curve to have fun pretty low. For newbies I'd highly recommend Bug Princess it's straightforward, but the bullet patterns are really great, plus the setting is cool.

Plus BP has the 3 different modes so there's a LOT of variety in difficulty.

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So worth making space for. I haven't taken one of these titles off of my devices since buying them... They're stuck there... FOREVER

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Didn't realize Dodonpachi Blissful Death requires a front-facing camera anyway. So that narrows things down a bit.

Off to download some lites!

16. mrsamsa

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    speaking of which: any opinions on bug panic? I was wary of the virtual sticks.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Played the lite. Seems pretty fun so far. It's different than most DSS games in that you target a bunch of enemies prior to shooting. Kind of a cross between DSS and shumps, but much slower paced for a Cave game.

That said, I think it's pretty cool and will probably be picking up the full game.

Also think Bug Princess wil be my first venture into the traditional Cave games.

18. mrsamsa

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    also, not related to the sale, but Bug Princess 2 is currently on sale for launch for 4.99. It's really great!@

19. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Should I get DDP BP? I love Bug Panic, Bug Princess 1 and 2 a lot, but can't really get into Espgaluda, DDP R and Deathsmiles even though I tried hard to like them several times.

How's DDP BP compared to BP 1 and 2?

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Id say aside from all being bullet hell titles... There isn't really any comparison. DDB BD is harder to score than DDPR...