iPad THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012 (by SNK PLAYMORE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kerberospkg, May 2, 2012.

1. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Really SRK? This video was uploaded just a few days ago.

2. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Ah, then it's not the same one. Someone else released a KoF-i combo vid some time back (maybe it was for the original KoF) that made it to the front page of SRK.

3. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Yea its the same dude but the video is different and totally insane.

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Any iPhone 5 widescreen support update in the door!?

5. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    I dont think so

6. C.Prince

C.Prince New Member

Jun 27, 2013
    I stoped to play this game cuz its not support iP5 screen, very very sad :(

7. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Whoa! Looks like a pretty simple combo to do too! Does it work against anyone or mainly just larger characters?

8. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    #1029 dexter77, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    It's a pity that it's not optimized for iPad...same for SFIV volt, these are the best beat'em up titles on the entire store except for Soul Calibur, i wonder why they not spend some resources to upgrade it...

9. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah, I feel like Capcom and SNK could have gotten a little more mileage out of these games than they did. I think KoF especially is an incredible translation of the full game!

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Just started playing this game again. Such a pity that no one plays this game anymore. If only SNK released an update with support for Retina, animated stages and some other things...

11. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah I always thought this was a better game than Volt in a lot of ways. There are still people who play but they're all REALLY good.

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Yeah. Some time ago I played with a guy that was quite good with Leona. In some of the matches he selected her as first character and I couldn't even win a round :p

And I agree about this game being better than Volt. Lot of content, better graphics, no mashed Ultra with crazy invinc... Just a pity that's dead.

Not so long ago they released Samurai Shodown II, so they are still interested in the mobile platform. Maybe there's a way to make them update this game. Retina graphics, iPhone 5 screen support, iCloud, animated stages, better netcode and juggle (maybe it's just me, but I feel like Kula and other characters don't have the combo potential they have in console version) would be enough to revive this game. And back on joystick instead of K to faint Gekiken.

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I still have it and play it occasionally. I agree that the devs should update it, that would be nice!

14. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I kinda quit playing because the HD mechanic was frustrating. I'd be playing against someone who'd KO one of my characters with a ToD off one hit confirm and I got tired of going out that way. It's fun coming up with your own HD combos though and I still really enjoy the pacing of the game. There's a lot less safe stuff here than in SF4.

There are still a few characters they could add to the game, but SNKP is usually behind the curve on things. The fact that KoFXIII is only just now getting a PC release seems ridiculous.

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    lol Tell me about it. I main Shen and he has easy combos, with HD or without, that deal A LOT of damage. But I still find the HD system to be fun and rewarding, kinda like the custom combos in SFA but without "infinites".

16. CaptYadierPR

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    yuri, ash, and i think another char have infinites.

and many chars have easy 1k+ damage combos (no need infinite just 1 combo and your dead)

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You mean the combo with the backdash fireballs with Yuri? I knew it was a long combo, but not THAT much.

18. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I think the HD mechanic needs to be nerfed a bit. Being able to get 100+% regardless is kinda crazy. And if you've been saving meter it's easy to do. All you have to do is get one hit confirm and not drop the combo.

I really think the HD/Max thing kills the game's pacing. I've seen matches where there's some great footsies going on and it's really exciting, but then someone catches an HD/Max combo and it's like Marvel.

I think KoFXIII is the best fighting game of its generation, but the HD/Max mechanic is too much of a reward for very little risk.

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I haven't played this game a lot, but so far I don't think HD needs a nerf. Maybe slightly nerf damage for all attacks while in HD, but that's all. Most of the time the match ends before you can even start a HD combo since normal combos and combos with Drive Cancel are already very powerful.