beta testers -- someone with experience from ibetatest.com?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Anders, May 30, 2009.

1. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Yeah you just remove the undesired UDID (one click), and then click another button to create a new provisioning file. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Anders, I'd be just thrilled to test whatever you have next. I hope you'll pick me to help test. Testing resume given upon request. ;) :)

3. flyingblind41

flyingblind41 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I am new to the idea of beta testing, and I would be interested in getting started in it. I am really interested in helping devs make the app store better for us all by putting out quality games.

However, I do not know how to get started with beta testing? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I searched the forums and could not find a thread on it. Thanks!

Bobby

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hopefully you've read through this thread, so you can see that one way is to join ibetatest.com. Also, just keep a close eye out for threads where developers are requesting beta testers, and reply as soon as you can. Another way is to watch the "upcoming games" forum, and when you see a game you're interested in that has a web site associated with it, go to that web site and see if there's a contact that you can write to and request to be a beta tester. Finally, start posting to threads of already released games with thoughtful insights that will make developers interested in what you have to say. A good way to accomplish this one would be to TOFTT games, which means get a copy of a newly released game and post comments about it to a thread so that others can make an informed decision as to whether they should buy it or not.

What you SHOULDN'T do is to directly PM a developer asking to beta test, unless they specifically asked for it. While most developers don't necessarily seem to have a problem with this, it's highly discouraged by the moderators (and could get you banned if a developer complains about you).

5. Jeoud

Jeoud Member

May 6, 2011
    Can you share your experience if you used their service?

Otherwise there are 2 alternate services:
    - thebetafamily.com
    - http://www.reviewfordev.com : each step if manually controlled to ensure quality reviews and you can get text or video reviews (i created this website so I'm biaised :) )

6. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Oct 30, 2012
    I used ibetatest 2 weeks ago, it wasn't a good experience. People just downloaded my app and never did anything. I flagged them as non testers to help others but the guy on support said they just unflag them when asked. Great for pirates! Wasted my time and money. Reviewfordev went very smooth and i had some great feedback. I'm going to try using people on TA next.