SXPD - comic/game hybrid with art from Duke Mighten (Batman, Judge Dredd)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OneBigGame, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Are tilt controls the only option or do you have another input (swipe, vpad, etc)?
    I've only really gotten into a few games that have tilt only. Either way I'll probably pick this up and try it.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Same here about tilt controls, but when it comes to driving games, i always prefered tilt over touch. Feels more natural to me (only if well executed of course).

Here, the tilt controls are...wait, it's coming...perfect !!!
    Everything feels so super natural, the speed, speed up with nitro, taking the curves...i'm blown away. Also by this beautiful art style and the fusion of gameplay and comics. Wow, this game hits my nerves in the right spot.
    Thanks again Muppetpuppet for the unexpected code.

More tomorrow because i was watching the Toucharcade stream on Twitch (the whole for the first time) and now my eyes are 'bleeding'. That's why i only played the first two levels. Well, i died pretty quick in level 2, no concentration left. The game is very intense and definitely not for people with epilepsy, imo.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I was already sold but that last sentence convinced me to start building a time machine. I cannot wait!

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Man, I'm on chapter 3, and this is like Judge Dredd, Sin City, Mad World, Mad Max, Twisted Metal, and Heavy Metal all got together and had a collective mutant baby. I know that's not possible, but this game is that great.

When I finish it, I'll write up a full review.

5. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Hot diggity-dog damn!! This looks amazing!!!! :D

6. Muppetpuppet

Muppetpuppet Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Wow guys, that is some high praise. Really glad you like our mutant baby...;)

7. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    My wish, the game will be out next week or May 1 :D.... Looks really cool with those artwork. Based on video, the game was made for charity. The game costs $0.99 but it's on sale, how much its actually cost? or is there any other way for us to help the charity?

8. OneBigGame

OneBigGame New Member

Apr 15, 2014
    You can help the charity by buying the game. OneBigGame gets a percentage of the sales and donates 100% of this to a number of selected children's charities around the world.

thanks!

9. OneBigGame

OneBigGame New Member

Apr 15, 2014
    We've done other projects in the past as well, similar set up. Check us out on www.onebiggame.org.

For this project, we teamed up with the amazing Mr David Perry (of Earthworm Jim fame amongst others, Duke Mighten (Batman, Judge Dredd) and the crazy geniuses at Little chicken..

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Wow!!! This game needs to featured on the front page ASAP.

11. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Hi guys, we've opened up a new thread here , as the game is now live in Canada.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3202286#post3202286

Some you have posted some great feedback, (love the effort to grab the entire experience Sanuku;) .. If you want to help get the game some (hard-needed exposure), please continue posting in the main thread.. Thanks..

p.s I still have one or two promocodes available for regular posting members, P.M me..

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Any estimation on the Android release, by any chance? :)

13. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Well it shouldn't be long after the worldwide release in may. Offcourse we hope the game will make enough of a splash to warrant it;)
    Our main issues are with adapting the comic-book art , which took over a year to do and is tailored to IPad.. Best guess that android and the transition to Universal will happen around June.. But could be earlier or later..

We're al sitting around the office peering at the interwebs seeing what the response is;)

14. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Since i don't have my ipad miniR with me, i could not invest more time in this beauty (still level 2), but i chime in that the re-spawn is not ideal right now. I'm sure you'll find a good solution for this.

My GOTW (only soft launch), a tiny bit ahead of Hearthstone since i always prefere such a good overall package over any board game.

And now : Get off my lawn !

15. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #37 Qwertz555, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Big oops...double posted twice in the wrong thread ?&@&:(?