1st gen touch and Unity games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jmarquiso, Feb 8, 2010.

1. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hey all

I seem to be having trouble with Unity games on a 1st gen touch. I have the latest update, but they all seem to lock up on boot.

Steam Wars
    Eco Punk (which I just bought! Damnit)

Anyone else?

2. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    try updating to 3.1.3. Also the games might be 2g and up exclusives. To get around this follow these steps.

find game IPA

Rename IPA to ZIP

open it up and drag the .app out

drag the .app into iTunes, replace the old one.

sync back to iPod

I haven't had a 1G for a while now so I can't try it out myself.

3. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    It seems to be a problem with Unity games with Open Feint. Eco Punk finally started, and it took a few minutes to load the Open Feint screen (which is apparently what I was waiting for). Looks fine now.

Steam Wars Lite on the other hand, which is listed as not ipod 2g only, simply doesn't load past the main menu.

4. @jmarquiso: this is David from illogika, the developers of Steam Wars. The game should work on 1st gen iPods running 2.2.1 or later and it was tested on a 1st gen iPod touch. I'd like to know more about the bug you encountered so that we may be able to do something about it. Could you e-mail me at support[a]illogika[dot]com ?

Thanks

5. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I have a 1st Gen Touch running 2.2.1. I don't have either of those games, but other games with Unity seem to work OK for me.

6. sk8er4life84

sk8er4life84 Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    time to upgrade