Game Controller Supported Game List/Wishlist + Controllers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Xeyad, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    That's what I thought, until I read this on afterpad.com

"Despite my previous reports, iOS 8.1 does not appear to fix the disconnect problem, at least not as of the second beta."

2. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    I'm running iOS 8.1 beta 2... Bluetooth controllers are still broken on this build, will keep you posted on beta 3(when it gets released)

3. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    It's weird,iOS 8.1 beta 1 fix the problem,but beta 2 return broken?Come on!

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    For anyone in the UK, the Logitech Powershell is currently on amazon.co.uk for £17.99. I know it doesn't have analogue sticks and didn't get the greatest of reviews. At that price though, it's almost worth it as an emergency charger alone!

5. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Yeah, beta 1 never fixed it at all, I just screwed up on that one. The device I happened to install the beta on - the iPhone 6 - just doesn't exhibit the problem nearly as bad as the other devices. Still has it, though, as do all other devices running all iOS betas.

On the plus side, I've been in contact with Apple about it, and they're actively working on fixing it.

Yep, a good deal at that price! Americans can grab on for 21 dollars at Target, and 30 on Amazon

6. redpanda33

redpanda33 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Decatur GA
    Are there any MFi enabled KRPG's? I would LOVE to see Crimson Heart updated with controller support.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #1667 syntheticvoid, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Not many...

Mage Gauntlet
    Secret of Mana
    Bastion
    Across Age 2

Those are the only 'action' RPGs I've got on my phone now... I'm sure there's a few more, but yeah, we need more KRPGs with MFi support. The genre seems to have died down over the last couple years... =o(

8. redpanda33

redpanda33 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Decatur GA
    I haven't looked at Across Age 2. Does it play like Zelda or like Secret of Mana? Might have to try it.

9. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    The premise is more similar to Chrono Trigger, with time shifting components. It's pretty good, I recommend giving it a shot if you're a fan of those games

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    What's wait Apple to Fix broken Bluetooth controllers,iOS 9? Really disappointed with iOS 8.1...

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Love using the ps4 controller with the ipad in MFI games. However if I idle for a while then it disconnects and gets a little wonky with pairing again. I just restart the whole device to keep it simple. Does this happen with official devices?

12. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,it happen with all Bluetooth controllers,with iOS 8x,iOS 8.1 doesn't Fix nothing..with some games they work well,while with other doesn't work at all..

13. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Does the problem you're describing only happen in iOS 8, or did it also happen in iOS 7 with official controllers? I know zergslayer69 isn't using iOS 8, since there's no jailbreak for iOS 8 yet, so his question was about iOS 7, (and hopefully iOS 8 once Apple gets around to fixing this.)

14. Supagoat

Supagoat Member

Apr 9, 2013
    I can confirm this happens in iOS 8 with the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i Micro.

15. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    The problem it's only on every device running iOS 8,if you're on iOS 7,you're safe,it's a problem that Apple had to fix on iOS 8,and officially MFI standard controllers work with iOS 8,only Bluetooth Controllers are broken by the new OS..like MOGA REBEL and MAD CATZ C.T.R.L.I...with some games they work,but with others doesn't,disconnections.and so on.

16. Supagoat

Supagoat Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Do you know some examples of games that don't work so I can test those? I only had time last night to try with Wayward Souls, but I have a couple other to try with. My disconnection problem only happened when the phone (and then the controller) went to sleep. No problems during the game.

17. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Here you can find a good list of game that work,and games that don't work:

http://afterpad.com/post/97900929220/ios8-bluetooth-mfi-controller-compatible-games

18. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Mage Gauntlet ..No Support for MFi controllers

19. Supagoat

Supagoat Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Funky... I just played Monster Hunter (which is on the broken list) last night and it worked fine. I haven't updated to 8.1 yet. I only did one mission so if the problem surfaces after a long time then maybe that's why I didn't see it...

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, sorry... It was at the end of my MFi folder because I think they said something about adding it... Could be wrong and just full of hope though. =oP