16 vs 32 gigs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Drexra, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    #1 Drexra, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    I'm looking to buy my first iphone this week, and I was wondering how necessary the extra 16 gigs would be. Will I be able to cycle games fairly rapidly? I used to play games on my itouch a couple years back, love all sorts but mainly srpgs and such.

Thanks for the help! Ill be lurking heavily again!

Edit: Wont be an issue actually, its $50 off at bestbuy, I can afford the $50 jump. I was not prepared.

2. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Seems like you've already made a decision. :)
    And btw, I always try to go for at least 32gb when it comes to my devices.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep i would say the same, worth spending just a bit more to get double the memory. I have got a 16 gig phone (given to me) so couldnt complain ! Got used to it but obviously would prefer a 32 gig ideally.

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    If it is your only iDevice, that is you do not have an iPad, then get as many GBs as you can afford.

If you have an iPad, put the money for the GBs over there instead, because you won't be playing many games on the iPhone anymore...

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm the opposite. I have an ipad and an iphone and i play MUCH more on my iphone, just much easier to play on. Also on a train etc, more discreet, dont look such an idiot tilting it etc

I love my ipad but i use it more for films/books/comics. With my iphone wherever i am i can have a quick go of a game/read a book etc, waiting in a bar for a friend, standing on a train its much easier using it etc etc. Love knowing this small device in my pocket has sooooo many features

6. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    I have my itouch 4th gen still, but that has been more delegated to almost entirely music. No ipad, and don't see one in my future to be honest! I'm getting this phone because my droid 3 is pretty busted up and it just became time to upgrade.

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I wouldn't consider anything less than 64gb myself.

One of the. Reasons I haven't upgraded from my 4s yet is at I'm holding out for a 128gb model.

8. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    I have a 64 gig ipod, so I think 96 between the two is enough this will just be more game centric. Also, $250 was easier to swallow than $350!

I just got the phone, absolutely loving it so far.

9. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    It is pretty great. Its a change, but since I'm used to iOS from ipods it isn't too bad.

It's crazy how much smaller/light it is. While I do miss my physical keyboard, it didnt work all that often anymore regardless. Getting to play a bunch of awesome games, missed being able to play the new games!

10. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    32gb is really more than double the storage because the original 16 have storage that is used by the OS. The other 16 is all yours.

11. Drexra

Drexra Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Student
    Colorado
    Im very glad I got the 32 gig one, lot of games I want and I'll for sure need the storage for it!