TwoBlocks now FREE - another sliding blocks game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BrettArchibald, Aug 13, 2009.

1. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Just saw this on the Price-Drops feed...

The graphics don't look anything special, and I know there's a whole load of other sliding blocks game, but I thought this one might interest some people, because (apart from the fact that it's free for a limited time) it has a twist on the usual formula in that this time you have to get *TWO* blocks to slide out.

There would also appear to be quite a few puzzles included, with the developer saying there are now 4,000 layouts!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. qwerty12

qwerty12 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Looks sweet, but I think I'll stay with blocked for now. I'm still trying to beat the medium levels on that

3. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I love these games. This will be perfect going down to the beach. Thanks a lot! I will also right a review in the app store. This looks great.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Unblock me Lite has 600 free levels...I've only done 125 or so.

Still, free is free! Good find!

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thank you! :)

I was in the middle of working my way through the lite version, so this is a major bonus! :D

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just tried it.

Plusses:

-There is a unique element to this compared to other rush hour puzzles. The blocks dont slide out completely...one square of them goes into a goal area, which can double as a holding pen for one square of a block. So you dont actually just have a square board to work with...the holding areas can be used temporarily to enable further shuffles.

-There are 20 intro levels, 1600 easy levels, 1600 medium levels, 600 hard, 200 hardest. That is a lot, and even the easy levels arent necessarily a snap to solve in the minimum number of moves.

-each level tells you the optimum number of moves. You can solve in more, but you have a goal to shoot for.

Cons:

-Graphic scheme is fairly unattractive

I couldnt see paying for this title, given the ugly graphics, but at free its a no brainer.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The font used in this game seems damn popular among iPhone games... is it built into the device?

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I've noticed that too.