Universal Swordigo (by Touch Foo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 21, 2012.

1. robneal81

robneal81 Active Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Ditto

2. Spatzi

Spatzi Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    #422 Spatzi, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    Glad i did not have to pay for this. Game is Cute, but far too difficult. Constantly dying and having to redo the same level is so 1980. What is the point or fun in this? How about saving your progress after a major boss kill halfway through the level instead of sending you back to the very beginning of the level? It just adds to the frustration. I am about 13% through and already deleted the game because of the lack of save slots. I dont mind redoing one 'section' until i get it right, but I do mind redoing ten damn sections.

What this has confirmed for me is that I can't stand platformers and will now avoid them in the future, even if they are free.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Fair enough, you cant win them all, i bought it when it came out, think it was $1.99 or 99c, either way it was way way worth it. Up to 90% now and i'm loving it, tons of gameplay, some tricky levels but nothing major.

I think platform games arent for you if you're only at 13% and struggling so badly ! I dont remember having to redo 10 sections because it wasnt 'saved'.

Exceptional game, one of the games of the year already, love it.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Surprised you had to do 10 sections over again. Although I'm only at 62%, I feel like the warp gate system was a nice way of doing things to avoid having to do too much back tracking. Need an item? Use a warp gate to go back to a town and then zap right back to the beginning of the area you were in.

I love platformers and like the adventure aspect of this one. There have been some times when I've been a bit frustrated. Currently, I'm battling a fire boss that I've had trouble with. I know how to defeat it. Just isn't easy to get the timing right.

But I can see where it may not be for everyone.

5. Spatzi

Spatzi Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I am 'struggling' because of poor design. A lot of this game takes multiple attempts to get right. Half the time you die because of something stupid. Okay, fine, i get to retry. I do not understand why they make you go through Every single part of the level from the start. why not just save your progress at the point where you died? . At least then, i have some incentive to try again, but not when I just did my fifth run through of ten sections, die at 11, then have to start from the beginning. Not all of us have hours or interest to spend on tiresome repetition. It's not like every section is just a breeze to get through. Reading the comments here, there are a lot of complaints about the difficulty.

6. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The knockback is seriously getting irritating. It's like the character is made of tofu, touching anything will knock you back half a screen, yet hitting an enemy with the mageblade knocks them back only like 1 foot, wtf?
    Anyways are there any strategies for the last boss? The platform is ridiculously tiny, about the size of the teleport portals, and he shoots a homing missile that pretty much can't be dodged on a platform that tiny. :confused:

7. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    This game is not that hard, especially at the beginning. This game is awesome and I hope the fact that it went free won't keep the devs from being motivated to make a sequel.

8. Margarelon

Margarelon New Member

May 11, 2012
    Rheinbach - Germany
    Need help in forgotten keep

Hi, I'm stuck at forgotten keep. The door is locked, no way out.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

9. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Place bomb on the cracked floor.

10. Marten Werewolf

Mar 9, 2012
    Picked this title up. Glad it became free because I was thinking about buying this sometime soon. The game reminds me of the another iOS game called Frogatto. I actually am not much of a side-scroller gamer, but I have to say, I have really enjoyed what I have played so far. Hope there a sequel.

11. Margarelon

Margarelon New Member

May 11, 2012
    Rheinbach - Germany
    OMG... It's SO easy... Thanks!!!!!

12. robneal81

robneal81 Active Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I agree with all of that.

I don't play videos games that much anymore and when I do, I'm usually AWFUL at them. I find this game to be the right amount of challenging. I may only represent a small part of the players though, as I prefer this style game. I grew up on NES / SNES and always prefer that gameplay over FPS and other 3D-style games.

I bought it at $2 and will definitely by a sequel.

13. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Got this on my iPad. Played it for an hour and absolutely hated it. Today, for some reason decided to try it on my iPod and I love it. Been playing it for hours now!

Lesson learnt: iPads aren't good for platformers.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Really? I like this a lot more on the iPad. Whatever. We can agree that we like it. :)

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I was very close to buying this when it came out but never pulled the trigger. I got it for free and love it. I've been looking for an iOS game with similar qualities to Zelda and/or Metroid for ages and nothing really hit the nail on the head. This game finally does. I've only gotten 5 - 8 levels in and can't say enough about the game. My only beef, and it's a stretch to call it that, is that it may end up being too short. I think the last I saw I was 24% of the way through the game. If you don't have this game yet, get it!! It is easily worth full price.

16. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    You can hit the single tracking fireballs back at the boss. Warning, there is another fight after that one. I discovered that the hard way after blowing my potion on the first boss.

17. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

like Legend Of Zelda! Great

18. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
  19. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Big mistake downloading this. Only thing that stops me playing is running out of battery. Awesome game

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #440 crex, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    Question to the developers: Can you please NOT make World's End Keep impossible? Thanks.

EDIT: Damn, FINALLY beat the game. Damn that took forever.