The Woods ~ Chapter 2 ~ [Horror Game] [Alan Wake with Driving]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThreeCubes, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #1 ThreeCubes, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    Now called Indigo Lake, new post here

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=193208

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please Watch in better Quality​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKcQM36Kyg&feature=related&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=iBKcQM36Kyg&vq=hd720

The Woods Chapter 2 is coming.

Now you will have to use real fire power to deal with the undead. You will also have to drive up a perilous mountain pass to unlock the truth.

Due to the increased size of the game saving has been added allowing you to pickup the adventure where you left off.

For those of you who already have chapter one please try the latest update as we are keen to see how people react to the new controls. Also update your reviews if you can, that would be a big help (there is a new competition for updated reviews).

Chapter 2 is considerably longer than chapter one and moves away from the Slender style gaming. It will have slower investigation sections, driving parts and action bits.

The Woods

Competition link

[​IMG]

~~~~Beta Signups Please Post Here to Apply~~~~

2. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    this is great news,i like the first part :)

3. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    So is it going to be a free update, IAP or a separate app?

4. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    #4 ThreeCubes, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Actually not 100% sure which, it really depends how well the first one is doing, If its completely gone out the charts then it might really lose a lot of exposure if its just an update also this chapter is a lot bigger (at least 4 longer and a lot less slender like). If its doing well then as an update is fine. It might even be both. The original Woods could be like the complete saga and you can still buy each chapter individually. If it is a separate app then new bonus content will be added to the woods and an upgrade.

Ideally it would be good to reward the early adopters some how. I would actually like to see what people on here think is the best way?

5. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    who is she?(witch in black):eek:

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #6 undeadcow, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Depending on your resource investment I would advise adding this content to the original app but increasing it's price. It might attract new users if you also issues a new edition, separate app, that included a free lite/trial segment with IAP for Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. The up front pricing app (current model) would reward early adopted who got a better price and free content plus not distance those gamers adversed to IAP. The free edition would introduce new players to the game. If you do go with a price increase and adding content without IAP to existing game then advertising in advance will likely net increased downloads/exposure. Any momentum you get from this could be capitalized on with your eventual release of 7 Deadly Dolls (even if you don't make costs with The Woods addition, fan rapport and appreciate could pay off with 7DD).

However, if this is a sizeable upgrade that cost a lot of time and energy that you need to recoup then I would release it as a separate app. If you do that then it might be good to avoid the "Chapter" reference because to me that suggests episodic content overly associated with the first and you claim this surpasses the original material and deviates from that plot. This would give you the ability to throw all your weight into promote The Woods 2 (or even rebranding with a new name) by highlighting it's superiority and more expansive content.

By the way, please consider me as an interested party in beta testing come impending sign-ups.

7. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks for your input, think we will leave the decision till later after the beta tests. Its a shame updates arnt very visible on the app store as they used to be. I'm hoping the beta test will be some time the end of feb and yes your more than welcome to be part of it (also 7 deadly dolls later this year). Not sure if it will be test flight or pre release promo codes.

Thanks again some interesting thoughts!

8. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    How many chapters are you planning? Or will there just be two?

9. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    It would be great to have 12 chapters each with its own mystery. Sort of like an xfiles episode. but it depends how things go if they still sell we will keep making.

There is a great concept for chapter 3 but that will be around summer time.

Would love to hear what other people think should be in future chapters and whether it should stay just supernatural or more xfiles like.

10. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I've gotta say, the shooting looks kind of odd, it takes away the fear of the 1st chapter, which gives me goose bumps every single time I play it, maybe if you added zombies or some other kind of creeper instead of floating skulls it would make more sense but that's just me.

Still, looks pretty good and definitely better than any Slender game on the iOS.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I can't tell you how many people are gonna read that and pretend they did not just hear you say zombies. They're so overused I wouldn't flinch if one walked in and sat down next to me right now, I'd probably tap him to see if he exploded.

12. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    The skulls part is very much towards the climax of the game, its actually a slower paced psychological horror. Driving around exploring buildings and uncovering clues with a slow haunting and stalking from a sinister spirit. Chapter 1 did not have enough build up to it and there was not enough of uncovering the mystery. The teaser trailer shows more of the action side. the gun will also be a bit of an integration tool for some parts.

13. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Wow 12 chapters? I hope it all works out :)

14. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Oh, good to know the essence will not change.

15. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well not zombies per say, maybe demons or something that goes with witchcraft stuff, it does make more sense than to shoot ghosts with bullets, but that's just me.

And btw, zombies will never get old.

16. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Well there is a bit of explanation to the gun in the game, it not a normal gun. thats why it fires glowing bullets. All will be revealed

17. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #17 Darth Nihilus, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Oh great, as long as there's good writing behind it I'm sure you'll pull it off.

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    One of the great things about this update is the implied emphasis on supernatural horror in fresh perspectives. Slender Man is interesting but over done. Hopefully future chapters retain the subtle creepy vibe of the first.

Hey, I am obliged to request you consider inserting an elusive El Chucacabra like creature somewhere in one of the chapters.
    +1

19. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Oh snap! how I never thought of that? Chupacabras would be amazing in a given chapter, weird, supernatural, horrifying, mysterious, no one has tried that before.

Lol I know it's too much to ask but it would be nice if you considered to do this for one chapter if you do well with this next chapter 2-

20. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    #20 ThreeCubes, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    [​IMG]

Maybe after chapter 2 we can set up a vote for the next chapters monster